Current Affairs Capsule – 10 September 2019
- September 10, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The first ever Helicopter Summit, based on the theme – expanding connectivity through helicopters – was organised by the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation at Sahastradhara helidrome in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat announced that the aviation firms will be offering helicopter services in the areas identified under the UDAN Yojana (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik).
- La Biennale di Venezia organised the 76th Venice International Film Festival at the Venice Lido in Venice, Italy from 28th August to 7th September, 2019. Founded in 1932, it aims to raise awareness and promote international cinema in all its forms as art, entertainment and as an industry, in a spirit of freedom and dialogue. It is the world’s oldest film festival.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the High-Level Segment of the 14th Conference of Parties (COP14) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, on 9th September, 2019. Around 30 decisions with actions will be taken at the Conference that aims to strengthen land-use policies worldwide and address emerging threats. The deliberations would lead to a final set of commitments – the New Delhi Declaration, which would be signed by all the member countries at the end of the session.
- While speaking at the high level segment at the 14th session of the Conference of Parties (COP) to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised India’s target for restoring degraded land from its earlier target of 21 million hectares (MH) to 26 million hectares (MH) by 2030. The outcome of the conference i.e. the ‘New Delhi Declaration’, which will lay down measures to combat desertification, will be released.
- The winners of Visitor’s Awards 2019 for research in various fields were announced by the President’s Secretariat. The awards are presented for research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences and Technology Development. The recipients of the awards are Professor Sibnath Deb, Professor Sanjay Puri, Professor Asad Ullah Khan, Dr Partima and Dr Shaon Ray Chaudhuri. The Visitor’s Awards were instituted in 2014.
- Anil Agarwal, Vedanta Resources’ Chairman, was conferred with the lifetime achievement award at the 19th Annual Asian Achievers Awards in London, United Kingdom. The theme for the Annual Asian Achievers Awards 2019 was ‘Inclusivity’. The awards recognise the outstanding work of individuals from across all professions and businesses within the Asian community as well as acknowledge the accomplishments of the finest in the United Kingdom’s Asian community.
- The 7th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) ministerial meeting of 10 members of the ASEAN countries and their six Free Trade Agreement (FTA) partners is being held in Bangkok, Thailand from 8th to 10th September 2019. Along with this, the 7th East Asia Economic Ministers Summit and the 16th ASEAN India Economic Ministers (AEM) meeting are also being conducted in Bangkok. The RCEP negotiations were formally launched in November 2012.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where was the first ever Helicopter Summit held?
- New Delhi
Q2. When was the world’s oldest film festival founded?
Q3. What is India’s new target for restoring degraded land?
- 21 million hectares
- 24 million hectares
- 26 million hectares
- 29 million hectares
Q4. When were the Visitor’s Awards instituted?
Q5. Who has been awarded the lifetime achievement award at the 19th Annual Asian Achievers Awards?
- Sunil Kumar
- Ramesh Sharma
- Anil Agarwal
- Praveen Kumar
Q6. When were the RCEP negotiations formally launched?