CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 13 JULY 2019
- July 13, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar held talks with Foreign Minister of United Arab Emirates Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is on a three-day visit in Delhi on 8 July. The visit aims to not only strengthen the comprehensive strategic partnership but also to explore new areas of cooperation between the two countries.
- Asia’s 1st Six Sigma Institute of Mountain Medicines and High Altitude Rescue to be established at Rudraprayag district in Uttarakhand. It will be a high altitude institute of mountain medicine, training and research center. Six Sigma health care is a company which at present is operating hospitals in Kedarnath, Tungnath and Madhymaheshwar.
- Indian Ambassador Dr. Ausaf Sayeed announced that Indian Haj mission in Saudi Arabia has adopted digital technology to reach out to a large number of pilgrims as part of the Government of India’s initiative of Digital India. With the introduction of Haj App, Indian diplomats in Saudi Arabia are trying to form a bridge with the pilgrims not only to facilitate a smooth and hassle-free Haj operation but also to receive grievances and feedbacks to improve the service.
- Jaipur, known for its iconic architectural legacy and vibrant culture, has been added to the UNESCO World Heritage Site list at 43rd session of UNESCO World Heritage Committee, underway in Azerbaijan from June 20 up to July 10. Founded in 1727 CE under the patronage of Maharaj Sawai Jai Singh II, Jaipur is the capital city of Rajasthan. As of date total 1092 sites in 167 countries have been inscribed on UNSECO’s World Heritage List.
- Central government has decided to extend the ESI Act to the entire country by 2022. Out of the total 722 districts, the ESI scheme has been extended to 541 districts. ESIC 2.0 (Employees State Insurance Corporation) will benefit around 3 crores 60 lakh employees across the country.
- Brazil defeated Peru with 3-1 to lift this year’s Copa America football trophy. This is Brazil’s 9th Copa America title after a gap of 12 years since 2007. This is Brazil’s 1st tournament success after winning a gold medal at 2016 Olympics. This 46th edition of Copa América was held in Brazil from 14 June to 7 July 2019.
- Indian sprinter Hima Das won gold in women’s 200m with a time of 23.97 seconds at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland on July 6, 2019. National record holder Muhammed Anas also won the gold in men’s 200m race with a time of 21.18 seconds. Jabir MP won the gold in men’s 400m hurdles in 50.21 seconds while Jithin Paul was third in 52.26 seconds. Das is the first Indian athlete to win a gold medal in a track event at the IAAF World U20 Championships.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where will be Asia’s 1st Six Sigma Institute of Mountain Medicines and High Altitude Rescue established?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu And Kashmir
Q2. When was Jaipur founded?
- 1600 CE
- 1727 CE
- 1832 CE
- 1776 CE
Q3. Who won Copa America trophy 2019?
Q4. Who won gold in women’s 200m race at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland?
- Dutee chand
- PU Chitra
- Hima Das
- Apurvi Chandela
Q5. Who is Indian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia?
- Ausaf Sayeed
- Noor Rahman Sheikh
- Mohammed salman
- Abdul Razzakh