Current Affairs Capsule – 13 September 2019
- September 13, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- President of India Ram Nath Kovind addressed the India-Iceland Business Forum in Reykjavik, Iceland on 11th September, 2019, during his three-day visit to Iceland from 9th to 11th September, 2019. This is a part of the President’s three nation visit to Iceland, Switzerland and Slovenia. There is a lot of economic potential and opportunities between India and Iceland in pharma, healthcare, finance, hospitality, tourism services and biotech space.
- The 24th World Energy Congress was held under the patronage of President of UAE Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 9th to 12th September, 2019 with the theme ‘Energy for Prosperity’. Being organised since 1924, the World Energy Congress is a triennial event.
- Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) Mahendra Nath Pandey laid the foundation stone for the Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) at Mumbai, Maharashtra. Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) will be set up in three cities namely, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Kanpur. IIS seeks to ensure that 5,000 trainees will pass out every year with 70% placement opportunities. Tata Education Development Trust (TEDT) was selected as the private partner for setting up IIS in Mumbai.
- Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) derecognised the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for violating National Sports Development Code of India, 2011. It was after the removal of Rao Inderjit Singh as PCI’s President that the government found that PCI was failing the good governance practices and also held them accountable for violating its own constitution as well. PCI was founded in 1992 as the Physically Handicapped Sports Federation of India.
- In a step to promote Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative to junk single use plastic, Indian Railways announced to help recharge phones of passengers if they use plastic bottle crushing machines installed at stations. Indian Railways will be installing 400 bottle-crushing machines at selected stations. At present, there are 160 bottle-crushing machines available at 128 stations.
- The first batch of the newest central government services, ‘Indian Skill Development Services’ (ISDS) commenced their training program at the Administrative Training Institute (ATI), Mysore, Karnataka. This is the first batch of young minds from IES to be included in the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The aim behind it is to attract young and talented administrators towards institutionalizing the skill development environment in the country.
- Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), P.K. Sinha has been appointed as the Principal Advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi by Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) with effect from 11th September, 2019. The 1977 batch IAS officer from Uttar Pradesh cadre has also served as the Cabinet Secretary from 13th June 2015 to 30th August 2019.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the World Energy Congress started?
Q2. In which of the following cities, Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) is not being set up?
Q3. When was the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) founded?
Q4. ____________ announced to help recharge phones of passengers if they use plastic bottle crushing machines.
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Industry and Commerce
- Indian Railways
- None of the above
Q5. Who has been appointed as the Principal Advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
- Sanjay Mitra
- PK Sinha
- Praveen Kumar
- Vinay Chopra