Current Affairs Capsule – 15 September 2019
- September 15, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Union Ministry of Railways signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) for the facilitation of green initiatives in Indian Railways. These initiatives are a part of India’s contribution towards mitigation of global warming and combating climate change.
- Indian Armed Forces is going to organise an exercise codenamed ‘HimVijay’ in October 2019 in Arunachal Pradesh, close to the borders of China. India is planing to deploy their latest American weapon systems such as M777 ultra-light howitzers and Chinook heavy-lift helicopters.
- In a step towards making Rajasthan a model state for good governance and accountability in administration, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the ‘Jan Soochna Portal’, a portal for quick access to information of government departments. It is the first state in the country to provide information about a dozen departments on a single platform. The portal has been launched under the Rajasthan Innovation Vision (RAJIV) campaign.
- India’s second Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Multi-Modal terminal at Sahibganj, Jharkhand will open up industries of Jharkhand and Bihar to the global market and provide Indo-Nepal cargo connectivity through waterways route. He also laid the foundation of a secretariat building in the state capital Ranchi, which will come up at an estimated cost of Rs. 1238.92 crores. He also inaugurated the newly constructed building of Vidhan Sabha or Legislative Assembly of Jharkhand.
- Hima Das has been named as the brand ambassador of PepsiCo India’s sports drink brand Gatorade. With this, the 19-year old joins ace shuttler PV Sindhu (since 2017) and javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra (since 2018) as the brand’s ambassadors.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated the Unani Medical Centre, started by the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), in New Delhi on 13th September, 2019. CCRUM was established in 1979 to initiate, aid, develop and co-ordinate scientific research in Unani System of Medicine.
- Maitree 2019, a joint military exercise between India and Thailand, will be conducted from 16th to 29th September, 2019 in Meghalaya to share experience gained during various counter-terrorism operations. Started in 2006, it is conducted alternatively in India and Thailand every year.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. An exercise codenamed ‘HimVijay’ will be organised close to the borders of ________
Q2. Which state launched the ‘Jan Soochna Portal’?
- Uttar Pradesh
Q3. Who is not a brand ambassador of PepsiCo India’s sports drink brand Gatorade?
- Hima Das
- PV Sindhu
- Saina Nehwal
- Neeraj Chopra
Q4. When was Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) established?
Q5. Maitree is a joint military exercise between India and _______