News: Prime Minister of India during virtual India-EU Summit 2020, held talks through video conference with EU representatives, European Council President Charles Michel and European Commission President Ursula Von der Leyen.
- Following are the major documents, signed during the summit
- EU-India strategic framework, called Roadmap to 2025: The document summarizes the framework of dialogue and cooperation on wide ranging areas, including:
- Trade & investment
- Foreign and security policy
- Sustainable development
- Research and innovation
- Global governance, etc.
- India-European Atomic Energy Community Agreement: It will enable collaboration between the Department of Atomic Energy and EURATOM for research and development cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
- Renewal of Science and Technology Cooperation Agreement for another 5 years that will enable the research exchange in areas such as biotechnology, clean energy, e-mobility, energy efficiency, marine sciences, etc.
- Joint Declaration on Resource Efficiency and Circular Economy to exchange best practices.