Current Affairs Capsule – 17 September 2019
- September 17, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- A new-generation Wargaming software developed by New Delhi-based Institute for Systems Studies and Analysis (ISSA) has been handed over by the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) to the Indian Navy. The software is aimed at creating an environment that would enable Maritime Warfare Centres (MWCs) to train using latest technological and computing tools. ISSA is a premier DRDO laboratory.
- The first Trilateral Naval Exercise involving the Indian Navy (IN), Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and Royal Thailand Navy (RTN) will be held at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands from 16th to 20th September, 2019. The main aim of the exercise is to bolster maritime inter-relationships amongst India, Thailand and Singapore as well as to contribute significantly towards enhancing the overall maritime security in the region.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has launched the Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp Helpline ‘1100’ (Chief Minister’s Service Resolution Helpline) for speedy and time-bound redressal of public grievances using modern technology. With this, it has become the fourth state in the country to provide this facility after Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019 that will facilitate smooth and speedy eviction of unauthorised occupants from government residential accommodations, has been passed by the Parliament. The bill amends the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971.
- Deputy Foreign Minister of Polish Republic Marcin Przydacz, Polish Ambassador to India Adam Burakowski and Guardian Minister of Kolhapur Chandrakant Patil unveiled a commemorative pillar, in the memory of Polish families and individuals who had made India their home during World War II, at Valivade village in western Kolhapur district of Maharashtra. Around 5,000 refugees from Poland lived in Kolhapur’s Valivade village between 1942 and 1948.
- Justice P Lakshmana Reddy, a retired judge of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh High Court was sworn-in as the first Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh. His oath of office was administered by the State Governor Biswabhusan Hairchandan in Vijayawada. He will serve in office of Lokayukta for 5 years. Lokayukta is an anti-corruption ombudsman organization in states.
- World Ozone Day, also known as the International Day for the preservation of the Ozone Layer, is observed annually on 16th September to commemorate the signing of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that deplete the ozone layer in 1987. The theme for this year was ‘32 Years and Healing’.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. The first Trilateral Naval Exercise involving India, ___________ and _______ will be held at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Singapore, Sri Lanka
- Indonesia, Thailand
- Singapore, Thailand
- Thailand, Sri Lanka
Q2. How many states have launched helpline number for speedy and time-bound redressal of public grievances?
Q3. The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019 amends the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, _________
Q4. Who has been appointed as the first Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh?
- Justice Pankaj Kumar Jaiswal
- Justice P Lakshmana Reddy
- Justice Anil Kumar
- Justice Shashi Kant Gupta
Q5. On which day is World Ozone Day observed every year?
- September 12
- September 14
- September 15
- September 16