CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 2 AUGUST 2019
- August 2, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Uttarakhand Government along with the Integrated Mountain Initiative (IMI) as its knowledge partner initiated the first conclave of Himalayan states that was held at Mussoorie in Uttarakhand to discuss priorities of Indian Himalayan Region (IHR) in the 15th Finance Commission (XV FC). 11 States belonging to the Himalayan Region sought Green Bonus from the Centre. The conclave concluded with the adoption of the Mussoorie Resolution 2019.
- World Hindu Economic Forum (WHEF) launched its Nepal Chapter which was inaugurated by Nepal’s Minister of State for Health and Population Dr. Surendra Kumar Yadav in Kathmandu. World Hindu Economic Forum was founded by Swami Vigyananand. WHEF brings together financially successful elements within the Hindu society. Nepal’s two third of external trade is with India and India is also the largest investor in the Himalayan country.
- Odisha has received a GI tag for its version of Rasagola, after West Bengal got the GI tag for its version of Rasagola in November 2017. GI registry based in Chennai, issued the formal certification for “Odisha Rasagola”. Odisha Small Industries Corporation Limited (OSIC) has been registered as the official holder of Odisha Rasagola’s GI tag. The first GI tagged product in India was Darjeeling tea in 2004-2005.
- K R Ramesh Kumar, the Karnataka assembly speaker, announced his resignation on 29th July, 2019, after the assembly adopted the confidence motion moved by the Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and passed the Appropriation Bill. Ramesh Kumar was holding the post of Assembly Speaker for the second time. Earlier, he served as the speaker during 1994-1999.
- An inter-ministerial panel has sanctioned 5645 electric buses for operations in 65 cities and for inter-city operations to 8 state transport undertakings. The GST Council had decided to cut the tax rates on e-vehicles from 12 per cent to 5 per cent with effect from 1st of August.
- India and Benin signed four MoUs on education, health and e-visa facilities on 29th July, 2019. Both the countries signed the agreement on mutual exemption of visa requirement for holders of diplomatic and official passports and the agreement on the fresh line of credit of 100 million US dollars by India to finance development projects in Benin. Two more MoUs were signed on the tele-education program e-vidyabharati and the tele-medicine initiative e-Arogyabharati.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) officially launched the inaugural World Test Championship (WTC) on 29th July, 2019. To be played over two years, the World Test Championship will witness the top nine Test teams in the world compete in 71 Test matches across 27 series. The two top teams will then go to the World Test Championship final to be held in the United Kingdom in 2021.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. How many states sought Green Bonus from the Centre?
Q2. Who founded the World Hindu Economic Forum?
- Swami Vivekanad
- Swami Vigyananand
- Sri Ramdev
- Sri krishna
Q3. Which was the first GI tagged product in India?
- Salem Fabric
- Darjeeling Tea
- Mysore Agarbathi
Q4. An inter-ministerial panel has sanctioned __________electric buses.
Q5. India and _______ signed the agreement on mutual exemption of visa requirement for holders of diplomatic and official passports