Current Affairs Capsule – 2 September 2019
- September 2, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- In the 67th Nehru Trophy Boat Race held at Punnamada Lake in Alappuzha in Kerala, ‘Nadubhagam Chundan’, the snake boat of Pallathuruthy Boat Club, won the title. The Nehru Trophy Boat Race was instituted to commemorate the visit of the country’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru to the area and his boat ride in Alappuzha Lake in 1952.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has constituted a five-member special cell for redressal of grievances and mitigating tax-related issues in case of start-up entities with respect to the administration of Income-tax Act, 1961. Start-up entities can approach the cell for the speedy resolution of their grievances.
- High Commissions of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Fiji organised a cultural event called ‘Namaste Pacific’ in India to showcase the culture of these pacific countries. International Solar Alliance and Pollinate Energy based in India, Nepal, and Australia and solar lanterns from Barefoot College in Rajasthan were also showcased at the event.
- The first ‘Garbage Café’ in India will be opened in Ambikapur city, Chhattisgarh to make Ambikapur city plastic-free. It is an initiative of the Ambikapur Municipal Corporation. In this café, poor people and rag pickers will get free food in exchange for one kilogram of plastic. The garbage collected will be sold at the Solid Liquid Resources Management Centre. Ambikapur City has been ranked as the second cleanest city in the country in Swachhata rankings after Indore.
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade said that the import policy of agarbatti and other odoriferous preparations has been revised from free to restricted. Now, importers of these goods require a licence from the government.
- Union Minister for Culture and Tourism Prahlad Singh Patel on 31st August inaugurated the gallery of confiscated and retrieved antiquities at the Purana Quila in New Delhi. The retrieved items will enhance the knowledge about our rich culture and heritage. The number of antiquities recovered in the last five years is the highest ever. The gallery was established by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- Asian Games medallist Abhishek Verma won the gold while Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the bronze as Indian shooters dominated the podium at the men’s 10-metre air pistol event of the ongoing ISSF World Cup in Rio De Janeiro. India is now placed at the top of the medals’ tally with two gold, one silver and a bronze medal.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where was the cultural event ‘Namaste Pacific’ held?
- New Zealand
Q2. Where will the first ‘Garbage Café’ be opened in India?
- Ambikapur City
Q3. The CBDT has constituted a ____ member special cell for redressal of grievances and mitigating tax-related issues in case of start-up entities.
Q4. When was the Nehru Trophy Boat Race instituted?
Q5. Where was the gallery of confiscated and retrieved antiquities inaugurated?
- New Delhi