Current Affairs Capsule – 23 November 2019
- November 23, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019 will be organized under the theme “Smart & Green Mobility” by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) from 27th November to 29th November, 2019 to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
- The 5th edition of the India-Europe 29 Business Forum (IE29BF) was organized on 20th November & 21st November 2019, New Delhi by the Central Europe and Economic Diplomacy Divisions of the Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with the Confederation for Indian Industry (CII). The focus sectors were Artificial Intelligence, IT & ITES, Pharmaceuticals and Renewable Energy. The fourth edition of the India–Europe 29 Business Forum took place on 5th March & 6th March, 2018 in New Delhi.
- World Children’s Day is observed every year across the world on 20th November to improve child welfare worldwide, promote and celebrate children’s rights and promote togetherness and awareness amongst all children. The day was first established as the Universal Children’s Day in 1954. The United Nations General Assembly on 14th December, 1954 adopted the resolution 836 (IX) to observe 20th November as World Children’s Day.
- The 29th Regional Contact Points (RCP) meeting of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organization (WCO) was organized by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) at Puducherry from 18th November to 20th November, 2019. Raj Kumar Barthwal, Member (Customs), Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs inaugurated and chaired the meeting. The last RCP was organized in November 2018 in Jaipur. Established on 26th January, 1952, the WCO is an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
- India has announced a slew of exemptions for foreigners seeking medical treatment in India, following the implementation of a liberalized medical visa policy. An exemption has been given to foreigners from getting their primary visa converted into medical visa for obtaining indoor treatment up to 180 days for seeking admission in a hospital owing to illness.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) and Facebook jointly organized the 2nd edition of the South Asia Safety Summit in New Delhi on 19th November, 2019 to highlight the issue of safety while individuals and communities are connected on the digital platform. Union Minister Smriti Irani addressed the summit and launched ‘We Think Digital’, a digital learning programme.
- An international jury chaired by former President Pranab Mukherjee selected renowned naturalist and broadcaster Sir David Attenborough, who is to be conferred the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2019. He is being awarded for a lifetime of doing more to reveal the wonders of the natural world to us than perhaps any other individual, and for tirelessly working to awaken humankind in the need to preserve and protect the biodiversity of the planet. The award is being conferred since 1986 every year by the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where will the 5th edition of the India-Europe 29 Business Forum (IE29BF) be held?
- New Delhi
Q2. On which day is the World Children’s Day observed every year?
- November 20
- November 21
- November 22
- November 23
Q3. Where was the 29th Regional Contact Points (RCP) meeting of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organization (WCO) organized?
- New Delhi
Q4. When was the World Customs Organization (WCO) established?
Q5. Who will be conferred the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2019?
- Richard Attenborough
- David Attenborough
- Greta Thunberg
- Angela Merkel