CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 25 AUGUST 2019
- August 25, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation for the year 2019 was given to fifteen officers and officials of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The objective for the institution of the medals for the police investigators is to promote high professional standards of investigation of crime in the State Police and Central Investigating Agencies in the country and to recognise such excellence in investigation by investigating officers of these police organisations.
- India and United Arab Emirates will sign six Memorandums of Understanding on 24th August, 2019 in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a visit the United Arab Emirates. The memorandums will be signed on work practice for dependents of members of diplomatic and consular missions. India will sign a memorandum of bilateral currency swap agreement between the Reserve Bank of India and the Central Bank of the UAE.
- UAE Crown Prince Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan conferred the Order of Zayed, UAE’s highest civilian award on Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24th August 2019 to recognise his pivotal role in strengthening ties between the two nations. Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially launched the RuPay card in the UAE. With this, UAE became the first gulf country where the Indian RuPay card has been launched.
- UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) organised the first World Youth Conference for Kindness in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind. The theme of the conference was ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World: Celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.’
- Russia sent the first ever life-size humanoid robot called Fedor to the International Space Station (ISS). It was launched onboard unmanned Soyuz MS-14 rocket from Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. Fedor stands for “Final Experimental Demonstration Object Research”. It is also known as Skybot F850.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated regulator Food Safety and Standard Authority of India’s (FSSAI) National Food Laboratory (NFL) in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on the occasion of the 13th anniversary of the enactment of the Food Safety and Standards Act, (FSSA) 2006.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh presented the fourth edition of the ANUBHAV awards in New Delhi. It aims to encourage retirees to submit their valuable experience through write-ups. ANUBHAV awards were launched in 2016.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. On whom was the Order of Zayed conferred upon?
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Narendra Modi
- Venkaiah Naidu
- Rajnath Singh
Q2. Where was the first World Youth Conference for Kindness held?
- New Delhi
Q3. Who sent the first ever life-size humanoid robot called Fedor to the ISS?
Q4. Where was the National Food Laboratory (NFL) launched recently?
Q5. When were the ANUBHAV awards launched?