Current Affairs Capsule – 25 November 2019
- November 25, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Jammu and Kashmir has achieved the highest PMGSY road length in the country this year so far with the completion of around 11,400 kilometres covering 1,838 habitations. The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) is a centrally-sponsored scheme for providing connectivity to rural areas under the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- The 50th Governors Conference was held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on 23rd November and 24th November, 2019. It laid emphasis on tribal welfare and issues related to water, agriculture, higher education and ease of living.
- As per “The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health report” of the World Health Organisation (WHO), Bangladesh topped the list of 146 countries in terms of the lowest level of insufficient physical activity among adolescents. India is ranked 8th with an overall prevalence of insufficient physical activity in adolescents at 73.9 percent. As per the report, Uganda in the first position for being the most energetic, with only 5.5 per cent of its population being not sufficiently active.
- The Union Ministry of Tourism in association with the North Eastern States organized the 8th edition of the ‘International Tourism Mart’ in Imphal, Manipur from 23rd November to 25th November, 2019. The theme for the event was ‘Sustainable Tourism an engine for Economic Growth and Employment’. The International Tourism Mart is an annual event organized in the north-eastern region of India with the objective of highlighting tourism potential of the region in domestic as well as international markets. The first edition of the event was held in Guwahati in 2013.
- The Indian Embassy and Jaipur Foot USA organized a special event named ‘India for Humanity – Jaipur Foot’ on 20th November, 2019 at the United States’ Capitol building to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The initiative focused on Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of compassion, care and service to humanity, and India’s contribution to a series of artificial limb fitment camps in a number of countries by the iconic Jaipur Foot from the Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS).
- The first woman pilot of Indian Navy, Lieutenant Shivangi will join Naval operations on 2nd December, 2019, two days ahead of Navy Day, which is observed on 4th December. She was inducted into the Indian Navy as a Short Service Commission (SSC-Pilot) officer as part of the 27 NOC course in the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. She was formally commissioned by Vice Admiral AK Chawla in June 2019. Shivangi will fly fixed-wing Dornier surveillance aircraft. She will be involved in the Operation Duty in Kochi.
- Microsoft has launched its “K-12 Education Transformation Framework” to facilitate comprehensive digital transformation of schools in India, a model that has been adopted by education leaders in more than 50 countries to help plan their learning strategies. It comprises of four pillars — leadership and policy, modern teaching and learning, intelligent environments and technology blueprint.
- The Assam Government has announced to launch ‘Arundhati Swarna Yojana’, on 1st January, 2020, which will give every adult bride who has completed at least 10th standard a fixed amount to buy 10 grams (one tola) of gold during her marriage, if the marriage is registered. The scheme will cost around Rs 800 crores annually on the state government exchequer. The scheme is aimed to strengthen women empowerment and reduce child marriage.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Which state has achieved the highest PMGSY road length in the country this year so far?
- Jammu & Kashmir
Q2. What was the rank achieved by India in The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health report?
Q3. When was the first edition of International Tourism Mart conducted?
Q4. Who is the first woman pilot of Indian Navy?
- Bhavana kanth
- Anny Divya
- Lieutenant Shivangi
- Durba Benerjeee
Q5. Which tech giant launched “K-12 Education Transformation Framework” to facilitate comprehensive digital transformation of schools in India?
Q6. Which state announced the launch of ‘Arundhati Swarna Yojana’?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh