Current Affairs Capsule – 27 November 2019
- November 27, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik announced that the Indian Navy will host the military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in March 2020, which will witness the participation of several countries. The MILAN, which stands for Multilateral Naval Exercise, is a series of biennial exercises started in 1995. It was being conducted at the Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) until last year and is being conducted on the mainland at the Eastern Naval Command (ENC) for the first time with increased scope and complexity of the exercise.
- The Railway Board Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav inaugurated the Indian Railways Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM), an institute to impart professional training in management of railway finances, on 24th November, 2019 in Hyderabad. The project was constructed by the Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) at a cost of Rs 85 crores.
- The Chhattisgarh Government has announced to make the Guru Ghasidas National Park its fourth tiger reserve. Currently, Chhattisgarh has three Tiger Reserves – Achanakmar Tiger Reserve, Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve and Indravati Tiger Reserve. The state government also decided to construct the Lemru Elephant Reserve in Chhattisgarh. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) had approved to declare the Guru Ghasidas National Park as a tiger reserve in 2014.
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is observed every year on 25th November to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to rape, domestic violence and other forms of violence as well as to highlight that the scale and true nature of issue is often hidden. The theme for this year is “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape”. In 1981, the Latin American activists and the Caribbean Feminist Encuentros marked 25th November as a day to combat and raise awareness of violence against women more broadly. Later, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the Resolution 54/134 on 17th December, 1999 to mark the day.
- The National Statistical Office (NSO), under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, conducted a Survey of Persons with Disabilities during the period of July 2018 to December 2018 as a part of the 76th round of the National Sample Survey (NSS). As per it, around 2.2% of Indian population – 2.3% in rural and 2.0% in urban areas – has some disability. Among men, prevalence of disability was 2.4% while it was 1.9% among women. 21.8% persons with disabilities received aid or help from the government as per the report.
- Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) P.C. Mody inaugurated the Web Portal for Exchange of Information on Income Tax on 22nd November, 2019. The portal consolidates all the relevant Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) related information at one place for convenient access by financial institutions, departmental officers as well as public at large. To implement the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) standard, a necessary domestic legal framework was put in place in 2015.
- Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Jitu Patwari while inaugurating the Regional Olympic Games in Gwalior announced that the sportspersons in the state will get a reservation of 5% in state government jobs. The objective of this program is to identify talented sportspersons and provide them with better facilities for training.
- The Global Bio-India 2019, one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders conglomerate was held for the first time in India in New Delhi from 21st November to 23rd November, 2019. The event was organized by the Department of Bio Technology under the Ministry of Science and Technology along with the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). A report that provides an assessment of the Indian biotechnology landscape from a global perspective was also released at the event.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the MILAN started?
Q2. Where was the Indian Railways Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) inaugurated?
Q3. On which day is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women observed every year?
- November 20
- November 21
- November 23
- November 25
Q4. What is the percentage of Indians who have some disability?
Q5. What is the percentage of persons with disabilities who received aid or help from the government?
Q6. Which state has recently announced a reservation of 5% in state government jobs for sportspersons?
- Madhya Pradesh