Current Affairs Capsule – 6 November 2019
- November 6, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet 2019 is going to be organized by the Himachal Pradesh Government at Dharamshala on 7th November & 8th November, 2019.to showcase investment opportunities and policy & regulatory environment in eight focus sectors to boost manufacturing and employment generation in the Himalayan state. Minister of Commerce and Industry and Railways Mr. Piyush Goyal will also attend the event.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will co-chair the 19th India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military and Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-M & MTC) in Moscow during his visit to Russia from 5th November to 7th November, 2019. He will also inaugurate the India-Russia Defence Industry Cooperation Conference, along with Russian Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov. He will also discuss the Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support (ARLS) with Defence Minister of Russian Federation General Sergei Shoigu. The India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) was set up in 2000.
- Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik inaugurated the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) Igniter Complex at the High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune on 5th November, 2019. The HEMRL is a premier laboratory of the DRDO and primarily engages in developing rocket and gun propellants, pyrotechnic devices, high explosive systems and synthesis of high energy molecules. In December 2015, a high-level committee that investigated a fire accident at the igniter complex had suggested this new complex.
- The Asian Development Bank has agreed to provide a $451 million loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu. The total cost of the project is $653.5 million, of which the government will provide $202.5 million. The ADB has been assisting in developing the CKIC, which covers 23 of the state’s 32 districts and 70 per cent of the state population.
- The 2019 Commonwealth Law Ministers Conference will be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 4th November to 7th November, 2019 under the theme ‘Equal Access to Justice and the Rule of Law’. Union Minister for Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad will represent India at the conference. Sri Lanka’s Minister of Justice and Prison Reforms Thalatha Atukorala will chair the biennial conference that seeks to address challenges faced by millions of people seeking to resolve legal problems or disputes.
- India’s first-ever Arts Exposition, ‘eCAPA 2019 – Art from the Heart’ for Artists blessed with Down Syndrome, Autism, Mental Retardation, Seizure Disorder and Dyslexia is being organised from 2nd November to 14th November, 2019 in New Delhi. It is a unique nationwide platform-cum-social venture for the artists to showcase their visual and performing arts.
- The JCB Prize for Literature 2019 has been awarded to Madhuri Vijay for her debut novel ‘The Far Field’. She had also won the Henfield Prize and the Pushcart Prize. Founded in 2018, it is awarded annually to a distinguished work of fiction by an Indian writer working in English or to a translated fiction by an Indian writer.
- The ‘Red Atlas Action Plan Map’ atlas and the ‘Coastal Flood Warning System App (CFLOWS-Chennai)’ have been unveiled by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu for flood mitigation in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Prepared by the Union Ministry of Earth Sciences, the map aims to aid the Tamil Nadu government in effective flood mitigation in Chennai, which witnessed the worst deluge in 2015.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) set up?
Q2. Where was the DRDO’s Igniter Complex inaugurated?
Q3. Where is the 2019 Commonwealth Law Ministers Conference being held?
- New Delhi
Q4. Who won the JCB Prize for Literature 2019?
- Sridevi Sharma
- Krishna Kumar
- Madhuri Vijay
- Varun Chaudhary
Q5. Coastal Flood Warning System App is designed for flood mitigation in _________
- New Delhi