Current Affairs Capsule – 8 November 2019
- November 8, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Tiger Triumph, the first ever tri-services India-US amphibious exercise is scheduled to be conducted from 13th November to 21st November, 2019 off the coasts of Visakhapatnam and Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh. This exercise will include events and field training that simulate moving humanitarian assistance and disaster relief force from ship to shore. It aims to build the capacity of both Indian and U.S. participants and improving their ability to operate together.
- Samudra Shakti-II, a joint naval exercise between India and Indonesia was conducted in the Bay of Bengal on 6th November & 7th November, 2019. The joint exercises focused on surface warfare exercises, air defence exercises, weapon firing drills, helicopter operations and boarding operations. The first edition of the exercise was held in November 2018 at the port of Surabaya, Indonesia.
- Regional Level Search and Rescue Workshop and Exercise 2019 (ReSAREX-19) was conducted by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off the Goa coast on 5th November and 6th November, 2019 to test efficiency and preparedness of ICG. The exercise comprised a search and rescue workshop and tabletop exercise, followed by a search and rescue exercise at sea.
- NASSCOM Foundation, the Indian IT industry body’s social arm, and software firm Mphasis announced seven organisations as the winners, across different categories, of the 11th edition of the NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum (NSIF). Instituted in 2008, the NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum is a platform that fosters innovative use of technology to create sustained social impact. Established in 1988, the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of the Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- The first ever BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave, to be held on 7th November & 8th November, 2019 at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, has been inaugurated by the Minister of State (I/C) for Shipping, Mansukh Mandaviya. The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an International Organization involving a group of countries in the South Asia and South East Asia namely, Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan and Nepal.
- India, on 4th November, 2019, pulled out of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) trade deal as it did not receive any credible assurance on market access and non-tariff barriers. The RCEP is a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its six FTA partners (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand).
- Kolkata students, at the 5th India International Science Festival (IISF), achieved a Guinness World Record for the largest astrophysics lesson (45 minutes) and assembly of spectroscopes. Organized by the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, the session was dedicated to Meghnad Saha and Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman. The first IISF was held in New Delhi in 2015.
- As per the Indian Council of Agricultural Research’s (ICAR’s) CREAMS Laboratory data, there has been a reduction of 12.01% in the incidents of Stubble Burning as compared to the same period in 2018. The States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab recorded a reduction of 48.2%, 11.7% and 8.7% respectively this year till date. Total 31,402 burning events were detected in the three states between 1st October, 2019 and 3rd November, 2019.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Tiger Triumph is the first ever tri-services India-_________ amphibious exercise
Q2. Samudra Shakti is a joint naval exercise between India and ______
Q3. When was the NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum instituted?
Q4. Where is the first ever BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave held?
Q5. Which country has recently pulled out of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) trade deal?
Q6. When was the first India International Science Festival (IISF) held?
Q7. As per the ICAR’s CREAMS Laboratory data on 4th November, 2019, there has been a reduction of _______________% in the incidents of Stubble Burning.