Current Affairs Capsule: 03 April 2019
- April 3, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- During the state visit of the President Ram Nath Kovind to Bolivia, Bolivia has signed the framework agreement to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) which aims to provide a common platform to address the specific solar technology deployment needs of the solar resource-rich countries located between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) in a first of its kind initiative has reached out to over 150 community radio stations across the country to educate and inform the voters ahead of the general elections. Community radios can play a vital role in motivating and mobilising the voters, enlisting them into the electoral roll, mobilising them to go to the polling booth, educating them about their rights and responsibilities, and making them an informed and educated voter.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has approved a new rule for expats under which foreign workers will now be able to sponsor their family members if he earned a monthly salary of Dh 4,000 (approximately Rs 75,000) or Dh 3,000 (Rs 56,000) plus accommodation provided by his company. Approximately 3.3 million non-resident Indians constitute about 30 per cent of the total population of the UAE.
- Kandhamal Haldi a variety of turmeric indigenous to southern Odisha earns Geographical indication (GI) tag. Kandhamal Haldi has more oleoresin and volatile oil contents compared to other turmeric varieties. It gives strong aroma and has a high medicinal value. The GI tag in India is governed by the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection Act), 1999.
- Algeria’s President Abdelaziz Bouteflika announced on April 1, 2019 that he will resign from his position before his mandate expires on April 28, 2019, after almost 20 years in office. Abdelaziz Bouteflika has been serving as the fifth President of Algeria since 1999. He was the Minister of Foreign Affairs earlier, from 1963 to 1979.
- The World Autism Awareness Day was observed across the world on April 2, 2019 with an aim to encourage the Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about autism throughout the world. Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder is a lifelong developmental disability that manifests itself during the first three years of life. In 2008 when the UN General Assembly unanimously declared 2 April as World Autism Awareness Day.
- Japan on April 1, 2019 declared ‘Reiwa’ as the name of its new imperial era that will begin on May 1, 2019 once the new Crown Prince Naruhito ascends the Chrysanthemum Throne. Crown Prince Naruhito will succeed his father Emperor Akihito, who will abdicate the empire on April 30, 2019, putting an end to three decades long ‘Heisei’ era. Heisei which means achieving peace was the first era without a war in Japan’s modern history.
1.Which country recently signed the framework agreement to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
None of the above
2.The GI tag in India is governed by the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection Act), ____
3.Abdelaziz Bouteflika has been serving as the ____ President of Algeria.
4.On which day World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year?
5.When did UNGA declare april 2 as World Autism Awareness Day?
6.What is the current era of Japan?
7.Who will be crowned as new prince of japan?