- The average monthly income per agricultural household from all sources is less than Rs. 6,500, as per the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar. The information is based on the survey ‘Situation Assessment Survey of Agricultural Households’ conducted by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), during its 70th round from January 2013 to December 2013. NSSO is the nodal agency for conducting surveys and collecting data.
- Union Minister of State Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 5th International Dharma-Dhamma Conference to be held from 27th to 28th July, at Rajgir International Convention Centre in Rajgir, Bihar. It aims to address people about terror, violence and global warming prevalent in world. The 2-day conference also addresses subjects of Sat-Chit-Ananda and Nirvana Dharma-Dhamma tradition which are pivotal topics of Buddhism. It is the second time that Rajgir will be hosting the conference. The first International Conference on Dharma-Dhamma was held in September, 2012 at Bhopal.
- The first batch of Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian Attack helicopters ordered by India from the United States, arrived at Indian Air Force’s (IAF’s) Hindon airbase in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. India ordered a total of 22 choppers from US. AH-64E Apache is the world’s most advanced Multi-Role Combat Helicopter.
- Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day is observed annually on 29th July to raise awareness about tiger conservation. On this occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a census report of tigers in India titled ‘The Tiger Estimation Report 2018’. The report said that 2967 tigers are present in India. The day was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit.
- VK Johri, a 1984-batch Indian Police Service officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, has been appointed as the next Director General of Border Security Force. Johri is presently serving as the Special Secretary in Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), under the Cabinet Secretariat. He will succeed Rajni Kant Mishra. The official order also stated that Mr Johri has been appointed as an Officer on Special Duty in the Union Home Ministry.
- Indian boxer, Simranjit Kaur won a gold medal in 60kg category in the 23rd President’s Cup Boxing Tournament held in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia. Simranjit Kaur defeated Indonesia’s Asian Games bronze medallist Hasanah Huswatun 5-0 in the final bout. With this, Indian boxers finished with nine medals-seven gold and two silver medals.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where was the first International Conference on Dharma-Dhamma conducted?
- New Delhi
Q2. From which country did India purchase the Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian Attack helicopters?
Q3. On which day is the International Tiger Day observed every year?
- July 27
- July 28
- July 29
- July 30
Q4. Who has been appointed as the next Director General of Border Security Force?
- Ajay Bhalla
- VK Johri
- Sanjay Mishra
- Vikram Sharma
Q5. How many medals did India win at the 23rd President’s Cup Boxing Tournament?