Current Affairs Capsule – 1 October 2019
- October 1, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Saraswati Samman Award 2018 was conferred upon K Siva Reddy, a Telugu poet for his collection Pakkaki Ottigilite, published in 2016. It was instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991. It is an annual award for outstanding prose or poetry literary works in any of the 22 languages of India listed in the Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India. The award is the highest recognition in the field of Indian literature.
- The kingdom of Saudi Arabia is going to offer tourist visas for the first time as part of a push to diversify its economy away from oil. Saudi has five UNESCO World Heritage Sites, a vibrant local culture and breathtaking natural beauty. Saudi Arabia began issuing visas to visitors for attending cultural and sporting events in 2018.
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named a minor planet that was discovered on 11th November, 2006, between Mars and Jupiter after Indian classical singer Pandit Jasraj. He is the first Indian musician to receive this honour. The number that was given to Pandit Jasraj planet by the IAU was 300128, which is the reverse order of his date of birth 28/01/30. He had also received the Padma Vibhushan and Sangeet Natak Akademi awards. The IAU was founded in 1919.
- Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora will succeed Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria as the Vice Chief of Indian Air Force (IAF). Air Marshal HS Arora currently heads the Gandhinagar-headquartered South Western Air Command of Indian Air Force. Air Marshal B Suresh has been appointed as the Western Air Commander of Air Force.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the National Tourism Awards for 2017-18 in New Delhi on 27th September, 2019 on the occasion of World Tourism Day. Andhra Pradesh won the first prize for the Best State for Comprehensive Development of Tourism. Goa and Madhya Pradesh were announced as the joint winners in Adventure Tourism category. The best state in innovative use of IT category was presented to Telangana.
- KAZIND-2019, a joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan will be conducted in Pithoragarh district, Uttarakhand from 3rd to 15th October, 2019. Its objective is to conduct company level joint training between India and Kazakhstan with emphasis on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain. The annual exercise is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and India every year. It is the fourth edition of KAZIND.
- An annual flagship event of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) named “Movement Against Smuggling and Counterfeit Trade scheduled” (MASCRADE) was held from 26th to 27th September, 2019 in New Delhi. The theme for the sixth edition was ‘Containing Counterfeiting, Smuggling and Piracy: A Winning Strategy’.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Who has been presented the Saraswati Samman Award 2018?
- S Rajendra Reddy
- K Siva Reddy
- RS Kumar
- T Bhaskar Reddy
Q2. When was the International Astronomical Union (IAU) founded?
Q3. Who has been appointed as the Vice Chief of Indian Air Force (IAF)?
- Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora
- Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria
- Air Marshal B Suresh
- Air Marshal S Chandrashekar
Q4. Which state won the Best State for Comprehensive Development of Tourism?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q5. KAZIND-2019, a joint military exercise is conducted between India and ________