Current Affairs Capsule – 10 October 2019
- October 10, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The World Mental Health Day (WHD) is observed every year on 10th October to raise awareness about mental health issues all over the world. The World Federation for Mental Health with the support of the World Health Organization (WHO) organizes the day all across the world. The theme for this year is ‘ Suicide Prevention’. According to WHO, around 8 lakh people across the world die every year due to suicide.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative stamp to honour Marshal of Air Force Late Arjan Singh for his exemplary service to the nation at the ‘At Home’ program held in New Delhi to mark the 87th anniversary of the Indian Air Force (IAF). He had served as the Ambassador of India to Switzerland. He had also served as the Lieutenant Governor of New Delhi (1989-90). He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 1965.
- The Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal will launch DHRUV, the Prime Minister Innovative Learning Program (PMILP) on 10th October, 2019 from the ISRO headquarters. The objective of DHRUV would be to allow students to realize their full potential and contribute to the society. The programme will be called DHRUV (named after the Pole Star) and every student will have the title DHRUV TARA.
- The World Habitat Day is observed every year on the first Monday of October to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right for all to adequate shelter. This year, it was observed on 7th October with the theme ‘ Frontier Technologies as an innovative tool to transform waste to wealth’. It was in 1986 that the United Nations first celebrated World Habitat Day. This year, the day was held in Mexico City.
- Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz of Switzerland and James Peebles, a Canadian-American physicist, will share the 2019 Nobel Prize in Physics. James will share half of the prize for his contribution towards “Theoretical discoveries in physical cosmology”, while the Swiss scientists will share the other half for their work on “Discovery of an exoplanet orbiting a star similar to sun”. The prize consists of USD 914,000. The first Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to physicist Wilhelm Röntgen in 1901.
- The Income Tax department launched the National E-Assessment Scheme to eliminate the interface between an assessing officer and a taxpayer. Initially, 58,322 income tax cases had been selected under the National e-Assessment Center (NeAC), officially launched by Revenue Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey in New Delhi.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the “eDant Seva” under the National Oral Health Program on 7th October, 2019 to improve oral hygiene and reduce disparity in oral health accessibility. The National Oral Health Program was launched in 2014. The first National Oral Health Policy was launched in 1986 and the first National Oral Health Care Program was launched in 1999.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. On which day is the World Mental Health Day observed every year?
- October 7
- October 8
- October 9
- October 10
Q2. Marshal of Air Force Late Arjan Singh had served as the Ambassador of India to _______.
Q3. When was the first World Habitat Day celebrated?
Q4. Who won the first Nobel Prize in Physics?
- Emil Adolf von Behring
- Wilhelm Röntgen
- Peter Ratcliffe
- CV Raman
Q5. When was the first National Oral Health Care Program launched?