CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 11 AUGUST 2019
- August 11, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Richard Yu, the head of Huawei’s consumer business, launched Huawei’s own operating system called HarmonyOS or HongMeng in Chinese. Huawei is a Chinese telecom giant. HarmonyOS is future-oriented and designed to be more smooth and secure, and is completely different from Android and iOS. US President Donald Trump, amid suspicions that the Huawei provides a backdoor for Chinese intelligence services, blacklisted the company.
- Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia won the gold medal at the Tbilisi Grand Prix. He prevailed 2-0 over Iran’s Peiman Bibyani in the 65 Kilogram category final of the men’s free style competition in the capital city of Georgia. It is the fourth gold of the season for the Asian Games champion Bajrang after standing atop the podium at the Dan Kolov, the Asian Championship and the Ali Aliev tournament.
- The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 successfully concluded at Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya with the adoption of the ‘Shillong Declaration’ on e-Governance. The theme of the conference was “Digital India: Success to Excellence”. The declaration calls for improving citizens’ experience with government services by promoting timely implementation of India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) and implementing single sign-on for interoperability and integration among e-Government applications throughout the country.
- World Biofuel Day is observed every year on 10th August to create awareness about importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels and to highlight the various efforts made by the Government in the biofuel sector. The Day is being observed by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas since 2015. The theme of the World Biofuel Day 2019 is “Production of Biodiesel from Used Cooking Oil (UCO)”.
- The fourth edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards has been launched by the NITI Aayog with the theme ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’. WhatsApp has collaborated with NITI Aayog for WTI Awards 2019 and will provide a support amounting to US $100,000 to award winners. The awards have been launched under Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP). The WTI Awards, since its inception in 2016, has been recognizing and celebrating stories of exemplary women from across India.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will release a book titled “Listening, Learning & Leading”, chronicling the two years in office by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on 11th August in Chennai. The book captures the glimpses of the Vice President’s 330 public engagements across the country in the last two years. It details his important diplomatic engagements, including his visits to 19 countries across 4 continents.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the Jharkhand government’s ‘Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana’. Under this scheme, money will be directly transferred into the bank accounts of the farmers in the state. Beneficiaries having farm land of one acre to five acres will get 5,000 to 25,000 rupees in their bank accounts. Under the Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana, approximately 35 lakh farmers will benefit and by October, 3,000 crore rupees will be sent in the accounts of the beneficiaries.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. On which day is the World Biofuel Day observed?
- August 8
- August 9
- August 10
- August 11
Q2. When were the Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards established?
Q3. Where was the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance held?
Q4. The book “Listening, Learning & Leading” is related to _______
- Amit Shah
- M Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Modi
- Rajnath Singh
Q5. Which state launched the ‘Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana’?