Current Affairs Capsule – 11 September 2019
- September 11, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Union Government has constituted a three-member committee chaired by former Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra to look into the distribution of assets and liabilities of Jammy & Kashmir between the two successor Union Territories that will come into existence on October 31st 2019. The other members are retired IAS officer Arun Goyal and retired Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer Giriraj Prasad Gupta.
- Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Parshottam Rupala launched a multilingual mobile app called ‘CHC Farm Machinery’ for the farmers, during a conference on National Conference on Crop Residue Management held in New Delhi. This will allow farmers to avail the services of Custom Hiring Service Centres (CHCs) located in a radius of 50 km.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (KMDY), which seeks to secure the lives of 5 crore small and marginal farmers by providing a minimum pension on 12th September, 2019 at Ranchi in Jharkhand. The scheme has an outlay of Rs. 10,774 crores for the next three years i.e. 2019-2022.
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) defeated Punjab National Bank (PNB) with 3-1 in the final to win the 93rd All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament held at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is the second oldest hockey tournament in the country after the Beighton Cup in Kolkata. Originally started as the Madras Challenge Cup in 1901 and later named the A.M.M Arunachalam Challenge Cup after the first Indian President of Madras Cricket Club, this is the 93rd edition of the tournament, which along with the Murugappa group in the mid 90’s was named MCC – Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament.
- The International Literacy Day (ILD) is observed every year across the globe on 8th September to emphasize importance of literacy to individuals, society and communities. The theme for the 54th edition is “Literacy and Multilingualism”. The day was instituted in 1966 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Spanish Rafael Nadal defeated Russian Daniil Medvedev with 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4 to win the US Open Men’s singles title on 9th September, 2019. This is his fourth US Open title and 19th Grand Slam trophy.
- Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan arrived in Dubai for a three-day visit to the UAE on 9th September, 2019. He is scheduled to participate in the 8th Asian Ministerial Energy Round-table (AMER) at Abu Dhabi on 10th September, where India is a co-host along with UAE. He is on a six-day visit to Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar to engage with his counterparts in oil and gas as well as steel sectors in three countries.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Who is the Chairman of the three-member committee constituted to look into the distribution of assets and liabilities of Jammu & Kashmir?
- Giriraj Prasad Gupta
- Arun Goyal
- Sanjay Mitra
- Vinay Chopra
Q2. When was the MCC – Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament started?
Q3. On which day is the International Literacy Day observed?
- September 7
- September 8
- September 9
- September 6
Q4. Who won the US Open Men’s singles title in 2019?
- Roger Federer
- Novak Djokovic
- Rafael Nadal
- Daniil Medvedev
Q5. Where is the 8th Asian Ministerial Energy Round-table (AMER) being held?
- New Delhi
- Abu Dhabi