Current Affairs Capsule – 13 November 2019
- November 13, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The 39th India International Trade Fair is scheduled to be held in New Delhi from 14th November to 27th November, 2019 under the theme ‘Ease of Doing Business’. This year, the Partner Country is The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan while The Republic of Korea will be the Focus Country. Bihar and Jharkhand will be the focus states in this edition of the fair. Several countries, including Australia, Iran, UK and Vietnam, will participate in the fair.
- Himachal Pradesh Governor Bandaru Dattatreya inaugurated the four-day-long International Lavi fair at Rampur in Shimla district on 11th November, 2019. The 300-year-old Lavi Fair is an important trade event between India and Tibet. It also provides a platform for social and cultural events. The governor also inaugurated the ‘Kinnauri market’ and an exhibition organised by various government departments and other organisations.
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar represented India at the 2nd edition of the Paris Peace Forum that was held at la Grande Halle de la Villette in Paris, France from 11th November to 13th November, 2019. The event aims to find solutions for the global issues. The Paris Peace Forum is an international event on global governance issues and multilateralism being held annually in Paris since 2018.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal represented India at the 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet that was held in Brasilia, Brazil. He deliberated on the global economic climate with his counterparts from other member nations during the meet. The meeting focused on trade facilitation, investment promotion and cooperation in customs among other issues. Formed in 2006, BRICS comprises of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- World Pneumonia Day is observed every year on 12th November to raise awareness about pneumonia, the world’s leading infectious killer of children under the age of 5 years. The day was established in 2009 by the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia. The theme for this year is ‘Healthy Lungs for all’. India accounted for 70% of the global pneumonia burden in the year 2016 with the total 1,58,176 deaths among the under-five population.
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has set up a 10-member committee to declare Srinagar’s Dal Lake and areas surrounding it as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ) with concerns over its shrinking size. As per an assessment done by the Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) in 2017, the Dal Lake has shrunk from its original area of 22 square kilometres to 10 square kilometres due to pollution and encroachments.
- The Gujarat Government has given its approval to the world’s first CNG port terminal at Bhavnagar, to be built at an investment of Rs. 1900 crores by UK-headquartered Foresight Group and Mumbai-based Padmanabh Mafatlal Group jointly. Gujarat Maritime Board and London-based Foresight Group had signed an MoU for this project during the 2019 Vibrant Gujarat summit. It will have an annual capacity of 6 million metric tons, which will increase the total handling capacity of the port to 9 million metric tons.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) showcased its first all-electric experimental aircraft, named as X-57 “Maxwell” aeronautics lab in the California desert. Adapted from an Italian-made Tecnam P2006T twin-engine propeller plane, the X-57 has been under development since 2015.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Who is the partner country for the India International Trade Fair 2019?
- South korea
Q2. International Lavi Fair is an important trade event between India and_______.
Q3. When was the BRICS formed?
Q4. On which day is the World Pneumonia Day observed every year?
- 10th November
- 11th November
- 12th November
- 13th November
Q5. India accounted for ________% of the global pneumonia burden in the year 2016.
Q6. Where will the world’s first CNG port terminal be set up?