Current Affairs Capsule – 14 October 2019
- October 14, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Union Human Resource and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishak announced that the Ministry has prepared a module to introduce the study of Artificial Intelligence (AI) at school level. For this purpose, the HRD Ministry has joined hands with technology leaders like Intel.
- Department of Biotechnology under Union Ministry of Science & Technology announced that India has joined the Global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Research and Development (R&D) hub and will be on the board of members from 2019 itself. Following a call from G20 leaders in 2017, Global AMR R&D was established in Berlin, Germany in May, 2018 on the side-lines of the 71st session of the World Health Assembly (WHA).
- ‘Mukhya Mantri Dal Poshit Yojana’ was launched by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat to provide state ration card holders 2 kg of two different varieties of pulses at a subsidised rate of Rs. 15 per kilogram. Varieties of pulses identified for this scheme include chana, malka and masur.
- Hindi Divas is observed every year in India on 14th September to celebrate the popularity of Hindi as an official language of India. As per the latest reports, 43.63% people in India currently speak Hindi language. It is the fourth most spoken language in the world. The day was first celebrated in 1953.
- Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Dr. Pramod Kumar Mishra has been appointed as the Principal Secretary to PM Modi with effect from 11th September, 2019. He has served as the Chairman of State Electricity Regulatory Commission (SERC) and in the area of Disaster management. He was also conferred with the United Nations SASAKAWA Award 2019.
- State Government of Punjab signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) under the Department of Commerce, Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry to become the first state in the country to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU) in the state. It is aimed at effectively utilising this transformational initiative towards inclusive, efficient and transparent procurement.
- Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Sanjay Dhotre launched the Curriculum for Life Skills or Jeevan Kaushal designed by University Grants Commission (UGC) in New Delhi. It encourages development of life skills in every individual as an essential part of wholesome learning.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the Global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Research and Development (R&D) established?
Q2. Which state launched the scheme ‘Mukhya Mantri Dal Poshit Yojana’?
- Uttar Pradesh
Q3. On which day is Hindi Divas observed?
- September 12
- September 13
- September 14
- September 15
Q4. Who has been appointed as the Principal Secretary to PM Modi?
- PK sinha
- PK Mishra
- Sanjay Mishra
- Pramod Verma
Q5. Which is the first state in the country to set up a GeM Organizational Transformation Team (GOTT) Project Management Unit (PMU)?
- Uttar Pradesh