CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 16 JULY 2019
- July 16, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Under Operation Milap of Delhi Police, Delhi Police Crime Branch has rescued 333 children missing since January 2019 from the city and handed them over to their families in different parts of country. Under Operation Milap which was launched in December 2014, Anti-Human Trafficking Unit (AHTU) of Delhi Police has been set up. Most of these children have been rescued from railway stations, bus stands and other crowded places in the capital.
- ‘The Coffee Table Book – 50 years of Partnership for Change’ was launched by Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar along with Dr. Hameed Nuru, Representative and Country Director, United Nation World Food Programme (UNWFP) in India, to commemorate five decades of partnership between Union Ministry and agency towards addressing food and nutritional security in India. UN World Food Programme was formally established by FAO and UNGA in 1963.
- Indian movie ‘Gully Boy’ was honoured with NETPAC (The Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema) Award for Best Asian Film at 23rd Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) in South Korea. BIFAN was founded in 1997 with particular attention to Asian cinema from East Asia and Southeast Asia.
- BCCI announced that former Indian captain Rahul Dravid was appointed as Head of Cricket at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). Rahul Dravid is currently working as vice-president of India Cements. Rahul Dravid will oversee all cricket related activities at NCA and will be involved in mentoring, coaching, training and motivating players, coaches and support staff at the NCA. Dravid has been honoured with the Padma Shri and the Padma Bhushan award, India’s fourth and third highest civilian awards respectively.
- The 4th Director General Level Talks between Nardotics Control Bureau, India and Central Committee for Drug Abuse Control. (CCDAC), Myanmar on drug trafficking and related matters were held. The Indian delegation was led by Sh. Abhay, Director General, Narco tics Control Bureau (NCB) while the Myanmar delegation was headed by Pol. Brig. Gen. Win Naing, Joint Secretary, CCDAC, Myanmar, Commander of Drug Enforcement Division. The two-day bilateral meeting from 9th to 10th July, 2019 is being organized to take coordinated and concerted actions against drug trafficking between the two countries.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal held a bilateral meeting with Indonesian Minister of Trade Enggartiasto Lukita in New Delhi on 9 July, 2019 and agreed to work towards sustainable trade. The meeting took place on the sidelines of the Troika Meeting with ASEAN Trade Ministers. Mr. Goyal raised concerns about India’s trade deficit with Indonesia that stood at 10.57 billion US Dollars last financial year.
- Labour Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar said that more than three lakh 20 thousand children have been rescued from various forms of child labour during the last five years. Government is implementing the National Child Labour Project scheme since 1988 for the rehabilitation of child labourers.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Who launched Operation Milap?
- Central govt.
- Delhi Police
- Home Ministry
Q2. When was UN World Food Programme formally established?
Q3. When was Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) founded?
Q4. Who has been appointed as Head of Cricket at the National Cricket Academy (NCA)?
- Saurav Gangoly
- Kapil Dev
- Rahul Dravid
- MS Dhoni
Q5. With which country Nardotics Control Bureau, India held 4th Director General Level Talks?
- Sri Lanka