Current Affairs Capsule – 20 September 2019
- September 20, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Department of Posts under the Union Ministry of Communications has announced the commencement of the International Speed Post (EMS) Service to six new foreign destinations-Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Ecuador, Kazakhstan, Lithuania and North Macedonia. India Post currently provides speed post service to nearly 100 countries.
- A world–class National Police University (NPU) will be set up in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh as per the announcement of Union Ministry of Home Affairs. This multi-disciplinary university will provide dynamic, state-of-the-art learning and working environment for the advancement and dissemination of education and research in policing science and related areas.
- Vice Chief of Air Staff Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria has been appointed as the next Chief of Air Staff. He will succeed Marshal BS Dhanoa, who will retire on 30th September. He was commissioned into the Fighter Stream of the Indian Air Force (IAF) in June 1980. He took over as the Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force in May 2019.
- Dr Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019 was conferred on Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina for her vision of a peaceful and prosperous South Asia, free of tension, conflicts and terrorism. The award also acknowledged her contribution in fostering cooperation between India and Bangladesh. The award has been instituted in 2015 in memory of the former President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep S. Puri inaugurated a national seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Public Architecture’, organized by the Central Public Works Department, on 18th September, 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. It is a part of the Nationwide Awareness Campaign during ongoing ‘Construction Technology Year’.
- Government of Telangana has decided to declare the year 2020 as the “Year of Artificial Intelligence” and thus will be organising various activities related to emerging technology throughout the year. It has also signed up with NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), which has come out with ‘National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’, to run pilot projects in Telangana.
- Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot launched a Management Information System (MIS) to bring all the nodal ministries, states and union territories on a common platform to monitor the progress made against each target of the Accessible India Campaign on 18th September, 2019 in New Delhi. It has been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. Accessible India Campaign, which is also known as “Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan”, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3rd December, 2015.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. India Post currently provides speed post service to nearly ______countries.
Q2. Where will the National Police University (NPU) be set up?
- Greater Noida
Q3. Who has been appointed as the next Chief of Air Staff?
- BS Dhanoa
- Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Ravindra Singh
- Praveen Kumar Chobe
Q4. When was the Dr Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award instituted?
Q5. Which state has decided to declare 2020 as the Year of Artificial Intelligence?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q6. When was the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan launched?