CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 21 JULY 2019
- July 21, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Sangeet Natak Akademi (The National Academy of Music, Dance and Drama) has announced 2018 Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskars for artistes below 40 years of age. The Sangeet Natak Akademi’s General Council at its meeting held on 26th June, 2019 at Guwahati, Assam unanimously selected 32 (Including one joint Award) Indian artists for Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar 2018. Sangeet Natak Akademi was set up by the Indian education ministry on 31st May, 1952.
- Indore, the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh, recently made it to the international aviation map with national carrier, Air India, launching its flight service to Dubai from the Madhya Pradesh Airport. Air India Flight AI903 took wings from Indore’s Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar International Airport with 150 passengers onboard. This was the first international commercial flight from Madhya Pradesh. On 29th May, 2019, Central Government designated Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore as an international airport.
- Palau, an archipelago of more than 500 islands in Oceania, has become 76th signatory country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA). ISA is a group of 121 solar resource-rich nations. It was jointly launched by India and France on November 2015 on side lines of COP21 UN Climate Change Conference held at Paris. It is headquartered at the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in Gurugram, India.
- Germany’s Ursula von der Leyen has been elected as the first female President of the European Union Commission. She will replace Jean-Claude Juncker on 1st November. The 60-year-old is Germany’s Defence Minister.
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is the world’s third-richest person with USD 107 billion as compared to the second-richest person Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault’s USD 108 billion wealth. Arnault is the Chairman and Chief Executive of the world’s largest luxury goods business, LVMH. The world’s richest person is Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who has an estimated net worth of $125 billion.
- The Union Cabinet has approved National Medical Commission Bill, 2019 for setting up of a National Medical Commission in place of Medical Council of India (MCI) and repeal the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The features of the bill include the common final year MBBS Exam that will be known as National Exit Test (NEXT), which would serve as Licentiate Exam, for entrance to the Post Graduate medical course and as a screening test of foreign medical graduates.
- At the ISSF Junior World Cup, Anish Bhanwala claimed gold in the 25m rapid fire pistol competition to continue India’s dominance in the tournament in Suhl, Germany on 17th July, 2019. India has so far won eight gold, seven silver and three bronze medals in the tournament.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the Sangeet Natak Akademi set up?
Q2. In which of the following states is Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport located?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
Q3. The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is a group of _____solar resource-rich nations
Q4. Who will be the first female President of the European Union Commission?
- Ursula von der Leyen
- Angela Merkel
- Christine Lagarde
- Theresa May
Q5. Who is the world’s richest person?
- Bill Gates
- Jeff Bezos
- Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault
- Tim Cook
Q6. Who will have the National Exit Test (NEXT) in the final year of graduation?
- MBBS students
- Engineering students
- CA students
- Law students