Current Affairs Capsule – 22 November 2019
- November 22, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Parliament, on 19th November, 2019, passed the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019 which seeks to amend the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial Act, 1951. It has the provision to remove the President of the Congress party as a trustee and it clarifies that when there is no Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, the leader of the single largest opposition party will be the trustee.
- India ASEAN InnoTech Summit 2019, a three-day Technology & Innovation Summit of exhibitions and back to back meetings, was held from 20th November to 22nd November, 2019, Philippines. This second edition was jointly organized by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST). The first edition was held in 2018 in New Delhi.
- The International Energy Agency’s flagship publication “World Energy Outlook 2019” has projected that the installed solar power in the world will increase by 3,142 GW by 2040. According to the report, currently the world uses 495 GW of installed solar power. The world will move towards electric vehicles and oil demand will fall down after 2025. As per the report, the energy demand in the world, at present, is growing at the rate of 2% per year.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, along with other ministers inaugurated the ‘2019 World Conference on Access to Medical Products Achieving the SDGs 2030’ on 19th November, 2019 in New Delhi. The Conference aims to stir innovative thinking around issues surrounding provisioning of affordable, quality medical products as part of public health care delivery systems. It is a follow up from the “2017 and 2018 World Conference on Access to Medical Products” organized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Switzerland topped the International Institute of Management Development’s (IMD) World Talent Ranking (WTR) report for the year 2019. India’s rank slipped six places from 53rd in 2018 to 59th in 2019 among 63 countries. Annually released by the IMD, the report assesses the status and the development of competencies necessary for enterprises and the economy to achieve long term value creation. Established in 1990, the IMD has its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- The Company Law Committee-2019 submitted its report to Finance Minister on 18th November, 2019. The Company Law Committee chaired by Injeti Srinivas, Secretary of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, was constituted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in September, 2019, inter alia, to further decriminalize the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 based on their gravity and to take other concomitant measures to provide further Ease of Living for corporates in the country.
- The Central Government has banned a Meghalaya-based insurgent group called ‘Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council’ (HNLC), for its increased activities of violence and other subversive acts. The activities of the group are detrimental to the sovereignty and integrity of India. The group continues to intimidate and bully civilians to extort funds, maintains links with other insurgent groups of the Northeast to carry out acts of extortion and intimidation and maintains camps in Bangladesh to give sanctuary and training to its cadre.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. The Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2019 seeks to amend the Jallianwala Bagh National Memorial Act, ______.
Q2. Where was the India ASEAN InnoTech Summit 2019 held?
- New Delhi
Q3. What is the rate of growth of energy demand per year in the world?
Q4. Which country topped the International Institute of Management Development’s (IMD) World Talent Ranking (WTR) report for the year 2019?
Q5. What is the rank achieved by India in the International Institute of Management Development’s (IMD) World Talent Ranking (WTR) report for the year 2019?
Q6. Who is the Chairman of the Company Law Committee-2019?
- Sridhar Verma
- K. Prakash
- I. Srinivas
- M. Vinay Verma