Current Affairs Capsule – 22 September 2019
- September 22, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign 2019 on 20th September, 2019 at NASC, Pusa in New Delhi. The department of AC&FW has decided to distribute seed mini-kits for rabi crops, pulses and oilseed with active involvement of the State Agriculture Department.
- Chairman Emeritus of advertising firm DDB Mudra group Madhukar Kamath has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2019-2020. He has also been the President of the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI), Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) and Chairman of the Mudra Foundation. Founded in 1948, the ABC is responsible for certifying and auditing the circulations of major publications – primarily of newspapers and magazines – in India.
- In the World Wrestling Championship, India’s Deepak Punia pulled out of the final in the 86 kg category against Iran’s Hassan Yazdani due to an ankle injury sustained during the semi-final bout. The 20-year-old will have to be content with a silver medal in his debut senior World Championship.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Mongolia H.E. Mr Khaltmaagiin Battulga, jointly unveiled a statue of Lord Buddha and his two disciples at the Gandan Tegchenling Monastery in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia through videoconferencing from Delhi. The Mongolian President is on a five-day state visit to India. He will participate in an India-Mongolia Business Forum in New Delhi.
- Central Government has brought in the Taxation Laws (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 to make certain amendments in the Income-tax Act, 1961 and the Finance (No. 2) Act, 2019 in order to cut the effective corporate tax rate for existing domestic companies to 25.17% from 34.94% and for new domestic companies, it will be 15% now.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi conferred the National Geoscience Awards 2018 upon 22 scientists across India for their outstanding contributions in the field of geosciences, mining and allied areas on 19th September, 2019. The Award for Excellence was conferred to Prof. Syed Wajih Ahmad Naqvi from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for his significant global contributions in the field of aquatic biogeochemical research. The Young Scientist Award 2018 was awarded to Dr. Sohini Ganguly from the Goa University.
- Delhi’s Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal launched the Tatpar app on 18th September, 2019 to provide safety and a convenient 24×7 online mode to its citizens. It is a one-stop destination for access to over 50 citizen-centric services. This app has an SOS button, which is provided on the home screen, for urgent assistance.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where was the National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign 2019 inaugurated?
- New Delhi
Q2. Who has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2019-2020?
- Praveen Kumar
- Anand Vihari
- Madhukar Kamath
- Manoj Tiwari
Q3. When was the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) founded?
Q4. What is the corporate tax rate for existing domestic companies as per the recent changes?
Q5. Who has been conferred the Award for Excellence under the National Geoscience Awards 2018?
- Prof. Syed Wajih Ahmad Naqvi
- Dr. Sohini Ganguly
- Dr. Sonakshi Sinha
- Prof. Arvind Singh
Q6. Who launched the Tatpar app?
- Home Ministry
- Governor of Delhi
- Defence Ministry
- Indian Army