Current Affairs Capsule – 23 September 2019
- September 23, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the 74th Session of United Nations General Assembly and participate in other multilateral and bilateral engagements in New York. He will participate in the UN Secretary General’s Summit on Climate Change and a High level Meeting on Universal Health Coverage and Leaders’ Dialogue on Strategic Responses to Terrorist and Violent Extremist Narratives at the UN headquarters on 23rd September, 2019. He will also inaugurate the Gandhi Solar Park at the UN headquarters.
- Divij Sharan of India along with Igor Zelenay of Slovakia won the men’s doubles title at the ATP Tour Tennis Tournament held at St. Petersburg in Russia. The 49th ranked Divij has so far won 16 Challenger and 19 Futures doubles’ titles, apart from 5 Tour titles. The 2019 ATP Tour is the global elite men’s professional tennis circuit organised by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) for the 2019 tennis season. The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) was formed in September 1972 by Donald Dell, Jack Kramer and Cliff Drysdale
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for the seven-storey green building “Janganana (census) Bhawan” at Mansingh Road in New Delhi. The next census of India in 2021, the gigantic exercise to determine the population of the country, will be a “digital census”, with a mobile app used to collect data. The National Population Register is being prepared for the first time in the 2021 census. Census 2021 is the 16th census in the country and 8th since Independence.
- National Institute of Disaster Management is organizing a day-long National Workshop on Post Disaster Needs Assessment in New Delhi on 23rd September, 2019. The focus of this workshop is to disseminate the outcome documents of the study to all the relevant stakeholders, so that these may be utilized as a reference document while preparing the memorandum for submission to the Home Ministry in the post-disaster phase.
- Union Minister for Home Affairs Amit Shah launched Chandigarh Police’s three citizen centric services – Emergency Response Support System (ERSS – Dial 112), ‘E-Beat Book’ System and ‘E-Saathi App’. Citizens can send their emergency information via call, SMS and email as well as through 112 India mobile app.
- Ace Indian boxer Amit Panghal settled for the silver medal after his defeat by Shakhobidin Zoirov of Uzbekistan Zoirov in the flyweight (48-52 kg) category at the AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships at Ekaterinburg in Russia on 21st September, 2019. The AIBA World Boxing Championships is a biennial amateur boxing competitions organised by the International Boxing Association (AIBA). The Championships was first held in 1974 in Havana, Cuba.
- Indian singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the ‘Magnificent Performing Arts Award’ at the 21st Century Icon Awards in London, United Kingdom (UK). Founded by the UK-based Indian-origin entrepreneurs Preeti Rana and Tarun Ghulati, the awards aim to support and promote the next generation of inspiring leaders as role models for future generations.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) formed?
Q2. Census 2021 is the __________census in India.
Q3. Where is the National Workshop on Post Disaster Needs Assessment being organised?
- New Delhi
Q4. Who launched the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS – Dial 112)?
- Chandigarh Police
- Delhi Police
- Mumbai Police
- Bengaluru Police
Q5. When was the first AIBA World Boxing Championships held?