Current Affairs Capsule – 25 October 2019
- October 25, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Lt. Gen (Dr) Rajesh Pant, the National Cyber Security Coordinator of India, launched TechSagar, a consolidated and comprehensive repository of India’s cyber tech capabilities. It was launched by the National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office in partnership with the Data Security Council of India (DSCI). Established in 2008 by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), the DSCI is a premier industry body on data protection in India.
- The Credit Suisse Group, a Switzerland-based multinational investment bank, released the 10th edition of its annual Global Wealth Report, which offers a comprehensive portrait of the world’s wealth, covering all regions and countries, and all parts of the wealth spectrum from rich to poor. Global wealth grew during the past year by 2.6% to USD 360 trillion and wealth per adult reached USD 70,850 with Switzerland topping the biggest gains in wealth per adult this year. Only 47 million people, who account for just 0.9% of world’s adult population, owned almost 44% of the world’s total wealth while 2.88 billion people, who account for almost 57% of the world’s adult population, owned only 1.8% of world’s wealth.
- Union Minister of Panchayati Raj Narendra Singh Tomar conferred around 246 awards under the National Panchayat Awards 2019 to the best performing Panchayats in recognition of their good work at different levels such as delivery of services and sanitation in New Delhi on 23rd October, 2019. He also launched a Spatial Planning Application called ‘Gram Manchitra’, which is a Geo Spatial-based decision support system for the panchayats.
- Praveen Kumar defeated Russel Diaz of Philippines with 2-1 in the 48kg category event to become the first Indian to win a gold medal at the 15th Wushu World Championships held in Shanghai, China. Poonam in women’s 75kg category and Sanathoi Devi in women’s 52kg category won silver medals. Vikrant Baliyan bagged bronze in men’s 60kg category. With this, India finished third overall in the championship with a gold, two silvers and a bronze medal.
- The International Workshop on Environmental Flows Assessment and Implementation for India was inaugurated by Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti in Delhi. He also released the first version of the Guidance Document on Environment flow assessment in India. The exchange of Indian, European and International Experiences was brought together by the National Mission of Clean Ganga (NMCG) along with the Indo-German Cooperation with its project “Support to Ganga Rejuvenation” (SGR).
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has announced that the Government will provide employment opportunities to artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts through “Hunar Haat” in the next five years. More than 2,50,000 master artisans, craftsmen and culinary experts have been provided employment opportunities in the last three years. All Hunar Haat that are going to be organised in 2019 and 2020 will be based on the theme of ‘Ek Bharat, Shresth Bharat’.
- ‘Feed Our Future’, a cinema ad campaign against hunger and malnutrition in India, has been launched by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in collaboration with UFO Moviez, India’s largest in-cinema advertising platform, and the Screen Advertising World Association (SAWA). The campaign will help in spreading the message of zero hunger among Indians. The WFP was established in 1961 after the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Conference of 1960.
- The Assam Cabinet adopted a population policy, which makes government jobs out of bounds for people with more than two children. The policy will come into effect from 1st January, 2021. In September 2017, the Assam government had passed the “Population and Women Empowerment Policy of Assam”, under which candidates with two children only would be eligible for government jobs. The policy warranted that existing government employees should strictly follow the two-child norm. With a population of 3.09 crores, the population density of Assam is 398 per sq. km., which is greater than that of China.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the Data Security Council of India (DSCI) established?
Q2. What is the global wealth per adult as per the Global Wealth Report 2019?
- USD 50,789
- USD 63,540
- USD 70,850
- USD 84,390
Q3. Who is the first Indian to win a gold medal at the Wushu World Championships?
- Sushil Kumar
- Praveen Chaudary
- Praveen Kumar
- Amit Verma
Q4. When was the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) established?
Q5. Which state adopted the policy which makes government jobs out of bounds for people with more than two children from 2021?
- Uttar Pradesh