Current Affairs Capsule – 25 September 2019
- September 25, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The 6th India Water Week, organized by the Ministry of Jal Shakti with the theme “Water Cooperation – Coping with 21st Century Challenges”, was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi on 24th September, 2019. The event is being organized since 2012. According to NITI Aayog, in India, around two lakh people die every year due to inadequate access to safe water.
- Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev has signed a document to accept the 2015 Paris agreement on Climate Change officially. Russia will now allocate the financial resources towards developing countries for prevention and adaptation to climate change. Signed in 2016, Paris Agreement deals with the greenhouse-gas-emissions (GHG) mitigation, adaptation, and finance. Russia is the fourth largest emitter of GHG in the world.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been honoured with the 2019 Global Goalkeeper Award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, for his leadership of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan in New York, US. Modi had launched this mission on 2nd October, 2014 as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi.
- The World Rhino Day is celebrated on 22nd September every year to celebrate the world’s five rhinoceros species and to reflect on the challenges being faced by them. The World Wildlife Fund-South Africa in 2010 announced to celebrate World Rhino Day every year since then.
- Union Ministry of Sports is going to set up 20 National Centres of Excellence (NCE) to groom the athletes for 2024 Paris and 2028 Los Angeles Olympics. The new scheme will have a single scheme running in them for athletes, which would end differentiation in training and other facilities between athletes within the same campus.
- India and United States will conduct their first ever tri-services exercise code-named as ‘Tiger Triumph’ at Visakhapatnam and Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh in November 2019. It will focus on large-scale amphibious Humanitarian Relief and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations. This is India’s second time conducting the tri-service exercise. India had earlier conducted a similar tri-service exercise ‘Indra wargames’ with Russia at Vladivostok in 2017.
- The International Coastal Cleanup Day is observed every year on the third Saturday of September to encourage people to clean beaches and remove the garbage plaguing it. The theme for this year is the marine animal – The Pelican. It was started in 1986 by Linda Maraniss and Kathy O Hara and is celebrated every year since then.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the first India Water Week held?
Q2. Who has been honoured with the 2019 Global Goalkeeper Award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Amit Shah
- Narendra Modi
- Venkaiah Naidu
Q3. On which day is the World Rhino Day celebrated annually?
- 21st September
- 22nd September
- 23rd September
- 24th September
Q4. How many National Centres of Excellence (NCE) will be set up to groom athletes for the 2024 Paris and 2028 Los Angeles Olympics?
Q5. With which of the following countries has India conducted the exercise ‘Indra wargames’?
Q6. When was the first International Coastal Cleanup Day celebrated?