CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 26 AUGUST 2019
- August 26, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Engineer Award 2019 by the Institution of Engineers (India) will be conferred upon the Director General, Central Public Works Department (CPWD) Prabhakar Singh for his distinguished and exemplary service in the field of Engineering and Technology on 15th September 2019 in New Delhi. Established on 13th September, 1920 in Kolkata (West Bengal), the Institution of Engineers (India) is the national organization of engineers in India.
- India’s B. Sai Praneeth won bronze after losing (13-21, 8-21) to Kento Momota of Japan in the men’s singles semi-final in BWF World Championships 2019 held at St. Jakobshalle in Basel in Switzerland from 19th-25th August. Kento Momota is the world No.1 and defending champion of the Badminton World Championship. The BWF World Championship was founded in 1977.
- In his latest Mann Ki Baat programme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to celebrate the month of September 2019 as ‘Poshan Abhiyaan’ or the ‘month of nutrition’ to create awareness to fight malnutrition among children, particularly girl child. In 2018, Gujarat Government launched a pilot project called Poshan Abhiyan, which is a state-wide mission to eradicate malnutrition among children.
- NITI Aayog released the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI 2.0) Report 2019, which ranked 25 states and 2 UTs for the reference year 2017-18 against the base year 2016-17. Gujarat topped the list followed by Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. On an average, 80% of the states assessed on CWMI 2.0 over the last three years have improved their water management scores with an average improvement of +5.2 points.
- During his two-day visit to Bahrain, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the $4.2 million re-development project of the 200-year-old Shreenathji or Lord Sri Krishna temple in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. This is the first ever visit by an Indian Prime Minister to the Gulf Nation. The Sri Krishna Temple located in Manama is the oldest temple in the region which is estimated to have been established around 1817.
- The world’s first floating nuclear reactor called Akademik Lomonosov was launched by Russia, sending it on an epic journey across the Arctic. It was launched and loaded with nuclear fuel from Arctic port of Murmansk for its 5,000 kilometre voyage to Pevek in northeastern Siberia.
- Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) and Chief of the Air Staff- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa will represent India at the Indo-Pacific Chiefs of Defence (CHOD) Conference 2019, which will be held in Thailand’s capital city Bangkok. The theme for the conference is “Collaboration in a free and Open Indo – Pacific”.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Which among the following states topped the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI 2.0) report 2019?
- Andhra Pradesh
Q2. When was the BWF World Championship founded?
Q3. Which month will be celebrated as ‘Poshan Abhiyaan’ or ‘month of nutrition’?
Q4. Who will be conferred with the Engineer Award 2019?
- Praveen Kumar
- Prabhakar Singh
- Ayush Sharma
- Naveen Khurana
Q5. Which country launched the world’s first floating nuclear reactor called Akademik Lomonosov?
Q6. Where will the Indo Pacific Chiefs of Defence (CHOD) Conference 2019 be held?
- New Delhi