CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 27 AUGUST 2019
- August 27, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- In a meeting between Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan and NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar for reviewing progress of rice distribution, a decision was taken to prepare a detailed roadmap for nationwide distribution of fortified rice through ration shops. Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution in February 2019 had approved a centre-sponsored pilot scheme on “Fortification of Rice and its Distribution under Public Distribution System”.
- The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting organised the 7th Community Radio Sammelan with the theme ‘Community Radio for SDGs’ at the Dr. BR Ambedkar Bhawan, New Delhi from 27th to 29th August, 2019. It discussed experiences and possibilities of programming for raising awareness on sustainable development goals in a better manner.
- Under the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT), the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) launched the National Digital Library of India project, which seeks to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur has developed it. It aims to make quality digital educational resources available to all citizens of the country to empower, inspire and encourage learning.
- Amazon India, in partnership with the office of the Director-General of Resettlement (DGR), has launched a Military Veterans Employment programme in the country to create employment opportunities for military veterans as well as their spouses across company’s sort centres, delivery centres and fulfilment centres in India. DGR is an Inter Service organization functioning directly under the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (Ministry of Defence) and the Army Welfare Placement Organisation (AWPO).
- Bahrain King Hamad bin Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa conferred the King Hamad Order of the Renaissance upon Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Manama, the capital of Bahrain in recognition of his efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with Bahrain, the key Gulf nation. It is the 7th international award being conferred on Mr. Modi since he assumed office in 2014.
- PV Sindhu became the first Indian to win a Badminton World Championships gold by beating Nozomi Okuhara of Japan with 21-7, 21-7 held at St. Jakobshalle in Basel, Switzerland. Sindhu is also the second women shuttler to have 5 medals and the third to have medals in all three colours. This is P V Sindhu’s 5th medal at the World Championships.
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has constituted an Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF) to examine bank frauds of over Rs. 50 crore and recommend action. It is a reconstituted and rejigged version of erstwhile Advisory Board on Bank, Commercial and Financial Frauds. Former Vigilance Commissioner T M Bhasin will be the Chairman of this four member body. The tenure of the Chairman and members will be for period of two years from August 21, 2019.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where was the 7th Community Radio Sammelan held?
- New Delhi
Q2. Who developed the National Digital Library of India project?
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Bombay
Q3. Who launched a Military Veterans Employment programme in India?
- Google India
- Amazon India
Q4. Who has been conferred the King Hamad Order of the Renaissance of Bahrain?
- Rajnath Singh
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Modi
Q5. Who is the first Indian to win a Badminton World Championships gold?
- PV Sindhu
- Saina Nehwal
- Sania Mirza
- Sai Praneeth
Q6. Who will be the chairman of the Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF)?
- Ajay Kumar
- Vinay Sharma
- T M Bhasin
- Praveen Kumar