Current Affairs Capsule – 27 October 2019
- October 27, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- DEFCOM India 2019, the flagship event in the area of military communications, is being jointly organized by the Corps of Signals, Indian Army and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 26th and 27th November, 2019 in New Delhi. The event brings together major national and international IT, communication industry and other key stakeholders from the Indian Armed Forces. The event will seek to deliberate on the theme, “Communications as a Decisive Catalyst for Jointness”.
- Lucknow-based City Montessori School (CMS) has won the Guinness World Record for becoming the ‘world’s largest school’ with a strength of approximately 56,000 students all over the city in the academic year 2019-20. CMS was awarded the UNESCO Prize for Peace Education in 2002. The school has also been awarded the ‘Hope of Humanity’ Award from spiritual leader Dalai Lama. It is affiliated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE).
- Lt General VS Sreenivas flagged off the white-water rafting expedition called “Rudrashila” at the Jodhpur Military station on 25th October, 2019 to prepare soldiers to overcome adversities with grit and determination. The expedition will start from Rudhraprayag and will end in Rishikesh. It will be undertaken by the Kalidhar Battalion, which was formed in November 1943.
- Vigilance Awareness Week will be observed from 28th October, 2019 to 2nd November, 2019 this year with the theme ‘Integrity – a way of life’ by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Started in 2000, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) observes the Vigilance Awareness Week every year around the first week of November to promote transparency, integrity and accountability. The week will be launched with an integrity-pledge of the staff and officers of the ministry to fight against corruption.
- United Nations’ member states endorsed a proposed roadmap for action on nitrogen challenges called the “Colombo Declaration on Sustainable Nitrogen Management” on 24th October, 2019 with an ambition to halve nitrogen waste by 2030, at a two-day event organised by Sri Lanka with support from the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The Declaration was developed with technical support from the International Nitrogen Management System (INMS).
- The first Global Bio-India summit is going to be organized by the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology from 21st to 23rd November, 2019 in New Delhi. It aims to attract investments and showcase the country’s indigenous strengths and aspirations. Biotech is identified as one of the key sectors in Make in India 2.0.
- The “Guidelines for the Evaluation of Nano pharmaceuticals in India”, framed by the inter-ministerial expert committee constituted by the Department of Biotechnology in May 2019, were issued by the Union Ministry of Science and Technology on 24th October, 2019. These guidelines are expected to aid research towards development of new nano-formulations that are more efficacious, less toxic and safer than conventional drugs.
- India moved fourteen places up to 63rd rank in the World Bank’s “Ease of Doing Business” ranking, which was released on 23rd October, 2019. India is among the top 10 performers on the list for the third time consecutively. The first ranking was released in 2003. In a change of methodology, the World Bank has decided to have four cities from every country with a population above 100 million. So, from 2020, the World Bank will expand its ease of doing business survey to two more cities, Bangalore and Kolkata, in addition to Delhi and Mumbai.
- The International Snow Leopard Day is observed every year on 23rd October across the globe to protect and conserve snow leopards and preserve the beautiful wildlife of the Himalayas. On this occasion, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched the first national protocol to enumerate the population of this elusive and endangered species of snow leopard in India.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the Kalidhar Battalion formed?
Q2. When was the first Vigilance Awareness Week observed?
Q3. United Nations’ member states endorsed a proposed roadmap for action on nitrogen challenges called the __________Declaration on Sustainable Nitrogen Management
- New Delhi
Q4. Where will the first Global Bio-India summit be held?
- New Delhi
Q5. What is the rank of India in the World Bank’s “Ease of Doing Business” ranking 2019?
Q6. On which day is the International Snow Leopard Day observed?
- October 20
- October 21
- October 22
- October 23