Current Affairs Capsule – 28 November 2019
- November 28, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Chairman of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) G Satheesh Reddy was awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Society for the year 2019 by the Royal Aeronautical Society of the United Kingdom, in recognition of his contributions towards indigenous design development and deployment of aerospace vehicles, diversified missile systems, guided weapons and avionics technologies in India.
- Child Rights and You (CRY) released its report ‘How Vulnerable are Children in India to crime?’ on 26th November, 2019 based on the latest National Crime Records Bureau data for the period of 2016-2017. As per the report, crimes against children rose by 20%, which is higher than the overall number of crimes that rose by 3.6%. Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh topped the list of states for overall crimes against children. Jharkhand had the highest increase in crimes against children at 73.9%. The most prevalent crime cases against children include kidnapping and abduction, which accounted for 42%.
- National Milk Day is celebrated every year on 26th November in India to commemorate the birthday of Dr. Verghese Kurien, who is known as the ‘Father of the White Revolution’ in India. The first National Milk Day was celebrated on 26th November 2014 after the initiative taken by the Indian Dairy Association (IDA). World Milk Day is observed every year across the world on 1st June by the United Nations.
- Uttar Pradesh launched a three-week immunization campaign against filariasis or filaria on 25th November, which will continue till 10th December, 2019. The Central Government has set the year 2021 as the deadline for complete eradication of filaria in country. Under this campaign, more than 65 thousand teams of health workers will distribute medicines to around 6.5 crore people in 19 districts.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Fit India School grading system in schools across the country. The Fit India School rankings have been divided into three categories – Fit India Schools (which is the first level of ranking), Fit India School 3 star and Fit India School 5 star. The level of rankings will depend on how much importance a school gives towards inculcating fitness among its students as well as teachers.
- The Centre has extended a ban on the Assam-based Bodo insurgent group National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) for another five years, citing that the terrorist outfit has continued to indulge in violent activities, which includes killings, extortion and undermining the country’s territorial integrity in collusion with anti-India forces. The ban is extended on the NDBF under the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 3 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967. The NDFB was first declared an outlawed organization in the 1990s and the ban has been extended every five years since then.
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organization in the world, is celebrating its 71st Raising Day on 24th November, 2019. The Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar and DG NCC Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra payed homage to the martyrs who made the supreme sacrifice in the service of the nation at the National War Memorial in New Delhi. The National Cadet Corps Act was accepted by the Governor General and on 15th July, 1948 the National Cadet Corps came into existence.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the 8th National Tribal Craft Mela in Bhubaneswar, which aims to preserve, promote and popularize traditional tribal art and craft and help the artisans to find better opportunities to develop their skills through cross-cultural interactions for commercial viability of their products. As a part of the 5T initiative of the state government, 45 supplementary readers prepared in 21 tribal languages have also been released simultaneously by the Chief Minister on the occasion.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Which state topped the list of states for overall crimes against children?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Both b &c
Q2. On which day is the National Milk Day celebrated every year in India?
- November 22
- November 24
- November 26
- November 28
Q3. Which state has recently launched the immunization campaign against filariasis or Filaria?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Q4. In how many categories have the Fit India School rankings been divided?
Q5. When did the National Cadet Corps (NCC) come into existence?
Q6. Where was the 8th National Tribal Craft Mela held?