CURRENT AFFAIRS CAPSULE – 30 JULY 2019
- July 30, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the sale of 481.79 acres of land held by Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) to the Government of Kerala. Founded in 1943 with headquarters in Kochi, FACT is the first fertiliser manufacturing company in independent India and is the largest Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) in Kerala.
- Ayushman Bharat’s implementing agency National Health Authority (NHA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH) to streamline delivery of services under Ayushman Bharat. It aims to provide and enable a healthcare innovation ecosystem that supports healthcare innovators as well as provides them opportunities to partner and scale. Ayushman Bharat is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in September 2018.
- The first commercial rocket of China, Hyperbola-1, has been launched into the Earth’s orbit by iSpace, a Chinese startup. Hyperbola-1 lifted off from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre with two satellites and payloads into a predetermined orbit. The height of the rocket was around 68 feet (20.8 meters), with a maximum diameter of around 4.6 feet (1.4 meters).
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will visit Mozambique on 28th July, 2019 to further strengthen the defence relations. During the three day visit, three MoUs and agreements will be signed in the fields of exclusive economic zone surveillance, sharing of white shipping information and hydrography. There will also be a ceremony of handing over two fast interceptor boats and 44 SUVs from India to Mozambique.
- Karnataka’s BJP President B S Yeddyurappa sworn in as the Chief Minister of Karnataka in the glass house of Rajbhavan on 26th July, 2019. He will face the floor test on 28th July. Yeddyurappa has the record of taking the oath of office as the Chief Minister for the fourth time, though he had the opportunity to serve as Chief Minister from 2008 to 2011.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) conducted the second orbit-raising manoeuvre for the Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft successfully on 26th July. The first orbit-raising placed the spacecraft in a 230 x 45163 km orbit. The final orbit achieved is 251 x 54829 km. India launched the country’s second moon mission Chandrayaan 2 on 22nd July, 2019.
- The Government has prepared a draft National e-Commerce Policy to address the six broad issues of e-commerce ecosystem in the country. They include e-commerce market place, regulatory matters, infrastructure development and export promotion through e-commerce.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) founded?
Q2. When was the Ayushman Bharat scheme launched?
Q3. Hyperbola-1 is the first commercial rocket of which of these countries?
Q4. Who was Tunisia’s first democratically elected president?
- Mohamed Ennaceur
- Beji Caid Essebsi
- Youssef Chahed
- Zine el-Abedine Ben Ali
Q5. During a visit to which of these countries, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will hand over two fast interceptor boats and 44 SUVs from India?
Q6. Who became the new Chief Minister of Karnataka?
- H D Kumaraswamy
- B S Yeddyurappa
- H D Deve Gowda
Q7. How many issues of e-commerce ecosystem in India will be addressed in the draft National e-Commerce Policy?