Current Affairs Capsule – 30 November 2019
- November 30, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India, on 28th November, 2019, signed a $451 million loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC), which is part of the East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC), in Tamil Nadu. The ADB is the lead partner of the Government of India for developing the ECEC.
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the first International Conference on Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience organised by the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) on 28th November, 2019 in New Delhi. Established in 1995, the NIDM is a premier institute for training and capacity development programs for managing natural disasters in India.
- The Sydney (Australia)-based Lowy Institute released the 2019 Global Diplomacy Index, which gives the statistics, marking how the world’s diplomatic networks are expanding and shrinking. India was ranked 12th among 63 countries with 123 embassies and high commissions and 54 consulates globally. China overtook the United States (US) with 276 embassies and consulates worldwide, which is three more than the US.
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) Nitin Jairam Gadkari inaugurated the NuGen Mobility Summit 2019, organised by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) from 27th November to 29th November, 2019 in Manesar, Gurugram. The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technologies trends for the faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
- The Chairman of Lokpal, Justice (retired) Pinaki Chandra Ghose launched the logo of Lokpal on 26th November, 2019. The motto of Lokpal, “मा गृधः कस्यस्विद्धनम्” which means ‘Do not be greedy for anyone’s wealth’, was also adopted. The logo is in tricolour representing the national essence of Lokpal. The logo symbolizes how Lokpal protects and cares for the people of India by establishing justice as per law.
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the “kartavya.ugc.ac.in” portal on the occasion of the ‘Constitution Day’ on 26th November, 2019, as a part of the year long “Nagrik Kartavya Paalan Abhiyan” being observed throughout the country. The portal will be used for holding monthly essay competitions for students. He also launched the portal “Abhiyanta” of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways Piyush Goyal inaugurated the 5th edition of the Global Exhibition on Services (GES-2019) that will be held from 26th November to 28th November, 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The first Global Exhibition on Services (GES) held in 2015 in New Delhi. It is a global platform for increasing trade in services, enhancing strategic cooperation and strengthening multilateral relationships between stakeholders from India and overseas.
- DEFCOM INDIA 2019, a two-day seminar was conducted in New Delhi on 26th November and 27th November, 2019 under the theme ‘Communications: A Decisive Catalyst for Jointness’. It showcased cutting edge communication solutions from the industry and gave officers from the three services an opportunity to gain insights on technology and industry capabilities. DEFCOM is India’s International Conference and Exposition on military and defence communication.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the National Institute of Disaster management (NIDM) established?
Q2. What is the rank achieved by India in the 2019 Global Diplomacy Index?
Q3. Where is the NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 being conducted?
Q4. Who launched the “kartavya.ugc.ac.in” portal?
- Union Home Ministry
- Union Human Resource Development Ministry
- Union Defence Ministry
- Union ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Q5. When was the first Global Exhibition on Services (GES) held?
Q6. Where was DEFCOM INDIA 2019 held?
- New Delhi