Current Affairs Capsule – 4 October 2019
- October 4, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Minister of Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the ‘Paryatan Parv 2019’ that will be organised from 2nd to 13th October, 2019 across the country. It is dedicated to the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The idea of celebrating Paryatan Parv is to propagate the message of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’.
- Jaipur was ranked first in the Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat 2019 with a cleanliness score of 931.75 out of 1000. It is a cleanliness survey that is carried out by the Quality Council of India (QCI). Jodhpur was ranked second with a score of 927.19. The North Western Railway zone was awarded the cleanest railway zone of 2019.
- On the occasion of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the commemorative coins of Rs. 150 denomination at Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 2nd October, 2019. Sabarmati Ashram is the seat from where Gandhiji launched the most famous of his freedom fight-related movement. The first commemorative coin in India was issued in 1964 with the image of Jawaharlal Nehru to commemorate his birth anniversary.
- On the occasion of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), in association with IIT Bombay, is organizing the Global Student Solar Assembly on 2nd October, 2019 to promote the Gandhian idea of sustainable living. It aims to sensitize young minds about energy sustainability and environmental care. India has committed to reduce its carbon intensity by 33 to 35% by the year 2030 as well as installing cumulative renewable energy capacity of 175 GW (by 2022) and 450 GW (by 2030).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi presided over the valedictory function of Arogya Manthan, a two-day event organised by the National Health Authority (NHA) to mark the first year anniversary of Ayushman Bharat or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), in New Delhi on 1st October, 2019. He launched a new mobile application of Ayushman Bharat and Ayushman Bharat Start-Up Grand Challenge at the event. He also released a commemorative stamp. The PM-JAY was launched on 23rd September, 2018.
- The 94th Raising Day of the Military Nursing Service (MNS) was celebrated on 1st October, 2019. MNS is the only all women corps in the Armed Forces. It came into being on 28th March, 1888 and was designated as the Indian Army Nursing Service (IANS) in 1893 and as Queen Alexandra Military Nursing Service (QAMNS) in 1902. A permanent Nursing Service for the Indian troops was formed and was designated as the Indian Military Nursing Service (IMNS) on 1st October, 1926.
- The DefExpo 2020, an exhibition where the Indian Defense industry showcases its capabilities and promotes its export potential, will be held in Lucknow between 5th and 8th February 2020. It is the first time Lucknow is hosting this biennial event. The theme for the expo is ‘India: The Emerging Defense Manufacturing Hub’. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh launched a website www.defexpo.gov.in, which provides online services to the exhibitors, on September 30, 2019.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. __________was ranked first in the Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat 2019.
- New Delhi
Q2. When was the first commemorative coin in India released?
Q3. When was the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) launched?
Q4. When did the Indian Military Nursing Service (IMNS) come into existence?
Q5. Where will the DefExpo 2020 be held?
- New Delhi