Current Affairs Capsule – 6 September 2019
- September 6, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Rishi Kumar Shukla inaugurated the first National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics that is to be held on 4th and 5th September at the CBI headquarters in New Delhi. It aims to create a platform and bring together investigators, forensic experts, academia and lawyers to discuss challenges related to cybercrime and ways to find solutions.
- Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), on the advice of the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Empowered Expert Committee to implement the Institutions of Eminence (IoE) scheme, have issued orders to five Public Universities conveying their declaration as IoE. These universities are IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur, Banaras Hindu University, University of Delhi and University of Hyderabad.
- Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Nitin Gadkari launched the updated Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (CLCSS) to allow MSMEs to access capital. During the two-day workshop on ‘Credit Linked Capital Subsidy and Delayed Payment of MSMEs’ held in New Delhi, he also re-launched the Credit Linked Capital Subsidy (CLCS) web portal.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the increase of price of ethanol procured by public sector oil marketing companies (OMCs). It also increased the price of ethanol derived from C heavy molasses from Rs. 43.46 a litre to Rs. 43.75 per litre, and for B heavy molasses to Rs. 54.27 per litre from Rs. 52.43 earlier. The increased prices have been approved for the forthcoming 2019-20 sugar season and will be applicable from 1st December 2019 to 30th November 2020.
- In the rankings of Swachh Iconic Places released by the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Jammu and Kashmir has been named the country’s ‘Best Swachh Iconic Place’. The award will be conferred by the President Ram Nath Kovind during the ‘Swachh Mahotsav’ to be organised by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation on 6th September 2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Vladivostok, the far-east region of Russia, on 4th September during his two-day visit to Russia from 4th to 6th September 2019. He visited the Zvezda shipbuilding complex in Vladivostok along with the Russian President Vladimir Putin. PM Modi is the chief guest of the 5th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) that Russia has hosted since 2015 to boost the partnerships with Asian countries.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the infusion of capital worth Rs. 4,557 crores by the Central Government in the Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI). This is expected to help in completing the process of IDBI’s turnaround and enable its return to profitability. The IDBI was categorized by the Reserve Bank of India as a ‘private sector bank’ for regulatory purposes with effect from January 21, 2019.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where is the first National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics held?
- New Delhi
Q2. Which among the following is not among the five Public Universities that have been awarded the status of Institutions of Eminence (IoE)?
- IIT Madras
- Banaras Hindu University
- Ashoka University
- University of Hyderabad
Q3. Which among the following places has been named as the ‘Best Swachh Iconic Place’?
- Golden Temple
- Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine
- Tirupati Temple
- Ajmer Dargah
Q4. Which country has hosted the Eastern Economic Forum since 2015?
Q5. Union Cabinet approved the infusion of capital worth Rs 4,557 crores in ________.