Current Affairs Capsule – 7 September 2019
- September 7, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Russia will be conducting a multilateral military exercise TSENTR 2019 from 9th to 23rd September at one of its four military Commands – Vostok (East), Zapad (West), TSENTR (Centre) and Kavkas (South). It will be the first time since the Balakot Airstrike that India and Pakistan will be taking part in a military exercise together. The exercise is aimed at evolving drills of participating armies in fight against international terrorism and ensuring military security in strategic Central Asian region.
- Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu released a coffee table book titled ‘Glorious Diaspora – Pride of India’ on recipients of Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards (PBSA) from 2003-2019 in New Delhi. It has been brought out by the Indian Diaspora Club. Launched in 2003, PBSA is the highest honour conferred on the overseas Indian. The PBSA is conferred every year on 9th January, which is celebrated as Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD).
- India will host the 6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) in New Delhi from 7th to 9th September, 2019. It will be co-chaired by the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog Rajiv Kumar along with the Chairman of the National Development and Reforms Commission (NDRC) of China. India-China SED was established in December 2010.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on a three-nation tour from 9th to 17th September, 2019. He will visit Iceland, Switzerland and Slovenia. The visit aims to enhance mutual understanding in the fields of climate change, green technology, geothermal energy, culture, tourism and agriculture. This will be the first-ever visit of the Indian President to Slovenia that became independent in 1991.
- The Centre has selected Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur for implementing the Department of Science and Technology’s (DST) initiative of setting up a Sophisticated Analytical and Technical Help Institute (SATHI). An amount of Rs.125 crores for the financial year 2019-20 has also been allotted for this purpose. The objective of SATHI is to extend help to academic institutes in the neighbouring regions.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh delivered a keynote address at the ‘Seoul Defence Dialogue 2019’, during his three-day visit to South Korea. The theme of the Defence Dialogue was ‘Building Peace Together: Challenges and Vision’. The Dialogue was launched in 2012. He also held talks with his South Korean counterpart Jeong Kyeongdoo to boost bilateral defence ties, particularly in enhancing cooperation between defence firms of the two countries and extending logistical support to each other’s navies.
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge), Prahlad Singh Patel flagged off Leh’s first ever Mobile Science Exhibition (SCIENCE EXPLORER) of the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) for the entire Ladakh Region. NCSM jointly with Department of Science &Technology (DST) simultaneously carried out the National launch of 25 new Mobile Science Exhibition (MSE) buses for Aspirational Districts of India. The MSE programme was originally launched as the Mobile Science Museum (MSM) in 1965.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Who is the host of the annual multilateral military exercise TSENTR 2019?
Q2. On which day is Pravasi Bharatiya Divas observed?
- September 7
- September 9
- January 7
- January 9
Q3. When was the India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) established?
Q4. Who is the first Indian President to visit Slovenia?
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Pranabh Mukherjee
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Pratibha Patil
Q5. When was the Seoul Defence Dialogue launched?
Q6. Which among the following universities is selected for setting up of a Sophisticated Analytical and Technical Help Institute (SATHI)?
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bombay
Q7. When was the Mobile Science Exhibition (MSE) program launched?