Current Affairs Capsule – 9 September 2019
- September 9, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an indigenously-built metro that has been built by the Bharat Earth Movers (BEML), Bengaluru. This coach, which will enable commuters to travel along with their bicycles to the destinations, as is seen in cities of developed world, will be used by the upcoming Mumbai metro network. PM Modi also laid foundation for three more metro lines that will be built at an investment of over Rs.19,000 crores.
- Haryana, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh received honours for improving sex ratio at birth. Nine districts were also awarded for better sex ratio at birth and ten districts were awarded for good work in awareness generation and outreach activities under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign. India has made 13 points jump in the national sex ratio from 918 to 931 in the last five years.
- The ‘SLINEX 2019’, a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Sri Lanka is being conducted from 7th to 14th September, 2019 at the Visakhapatnam Port. It aims to rehearse and improve own capabilities and enhance operational effectiveness required to maintain maritime security in the Indian Ocean region (IOR). The 7th edition of the joint naval exercise features wide ranging naval exercises including helicopter operations. The first edition of SLINEX was held in 2005.
- Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP) defeated Nilmani English School, Manipur to successfully defend their U17 Girls Subroto Cup International Football 2019 title held in New Delhi. Founded in 1960, Subroto Cup International Football Tournament is one of the famous inter-school football tournaments in India. It is named after Indian Air Force (IAF) Air Marshal Subroto Mukerjee.
- The first Conference on Military Medicine for Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Member States will be held in New Delhi from 12th to 13th September, 20 19. The conference will also be the first military co-operation event hosted by India under the SCO Defence Co-operation Plan 2019-2020, after India became an SCO member country in 2017. The aim of the conference is to share best practices in the field of military medicine, build capacities and overcome common challenges.
- President of CPWD Officers’ Wives Association, Deepa Singh will inaugurate the Bal Basera or a Crèche, a project for the welfare of Children of Construction Workers who are deployed at AIIMS Rishikesh site, on 9th September 2019. The Central Public Works Department (CPWD) supported the project. Founded in 1971 by Late Mrs Rachel Muthachen, CPWD Officer’s Wives Association is a socio-cultural organization run by the wives of officers of the Central Public Works Department (CPWD).
- The government has constituted a task force headed by Economic Affairs Secretary Rajiv Kumar for drawing up the National Infrastructure Pipeline of 100 lakh crore rupees from the fiscal year 2019-20 to 2024-25. The task force will identify technically feasible and economically viable infrastructure projects that can be initiated in the current fiscal.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. What is the national sex ratio of India as of 2019?
Q2. When was the first edition of SLINEX held?
Q3. When was the Subroto Cup International Football Tournament founded?
Q4. Where will the first Conference on Military Medicine for Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Member States be held?
- New Delhi
Q5. When was the CPWD Officer’s Wives Association founded?