Current Affairs Capsule – 14 December 2019
- December 14, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Abu Dhabi (UAE) has been selected as the world’s leading sports tourism destination for the seventh consecutive time at the 26th edition of the World Travel Awards (WTA) held in Muscat, Oman. Established in 1993, the WTA acknowledges and rewards excellence across all key sectors of the travel, tourism and hospitality industries.
- The Union Ministry of Culture approved Rs 2.95 crores financial assistance for the development of the Gandhi Encyclopedia (Gandhi Paedia) by the National Council of Science Museums, Kolkata for promotion of appropriate Gandhian philosophy and thoughts through social media platforms under the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi commemoration.
- The fourth edition of the International Seminar cum Exhibition on Naval Weapon Systems ‘NAVARMS-19’ under the theme ‘Make in India – Fight Category: Opportunities and Imperatives’ was held on 12th December and 13th December, 2019 in New Delhi. Organized by the Ministry of Defence (MoD), it focused on creating awareness and identifying emerging prospects for Indian/international defence industry in the domain of the Naval Weapon Systems. The first three editions of seminars were held in 2007, 2010 and 2013. The NAVARMS is the only international seminar and exhibition on the Naval Arms System in India.
- Exercise Iron Union 12, a joint military exercise between the ground forces of United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the United States, commenced on 10th December, 2019 to enhance combat efficiency and tactical expertise between the two countries. It was commenced in the presence of Lieutenant General Terry Ferrell, commander of the US Army Central, USARCENT and Major General Saleh Mohamed Saleh Al Amiri, the UAE Commander of the Land Forces.
- Minister of State (M/S) for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C) Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated the ‘Digital Exhibition on History of Constitution of India’ that was held on 9th December and 10th December, 2019 in New Delhi. The first sitting of the Constituent Assembly was held on 9th December, 1946. The year 2019 marks the 70th Year anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution of India. The Constitution was adopted on 26th November, 1949.
- After the Varuna Naval Exercise that was held off Goa and Djibouti in May 2019, India and France are going to launch a joint patrolling mission in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) to protect the strategic interests of the countries and to check large scale illegal fishing. The Joint Patrol mission will start in 2020. This is the first time that the Indian Navy will be conducting coordinated patrols with any country outside its immediate neighbourhood.
- Wheebox, PeopleStrong, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Association of Indian University (AIU) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) released the India Skills Report on 9th December, 2019. The report states that about 46% of students were found to be employable or ready to take-up jobs as against 33% in 2014. The most employable candidates are MBA passouts with 54% of them being found employable. Maharashtra topped the list with the highest employable talent followed by Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. In terms of the most employable cities, Mumbai is ranked at the top, followed by Hyderabad.
- Lt Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Girish Chandra Murmu inaugurated the 72-metre long Draj Bridge that connects the Draj Area with the Tehsil Kotranka area over the Draj nallah in Rajouri in J&K. It can bear heavy loads up to 70 tons. It is an important bridge for the military as well as for socio-economic development of J&K’s Rajouri District as a whole. This bridge will facilitate all-weather and speedy movement of the Army troops and locals. The bridge has been built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Which city has been selected as the world’s leading sports tourism destination 2019?
- New Delhi
- Abu Dhabi
Q2. When were the World Travel Awards (WTA) established?
Q3. Iron Union 12 is a joint military exercise between the ground forces of _________ and ________
- US and UK
- UAE and UK
- US and UAE
- UAE and Iran
Q4. As per the India Skills Report, what is the percentage of the students who are employable?
Q5. Which state topped in the highest employable talent?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
Q6. Where was the Draj Bridge inaugurated?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir