Current Affairs Capsule – December 28, 2019
- December 28, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The 5th Round of the India-Japan Maritime Affairs Dialogue was held in Tokyo in Japan. Both the countries planned to deepen maritime cooperation and held the 8th round of bilateral consultations on disarmament, non-proliferation and export control alongside the dialogue. The first round of India-Japan Maritime dialogue was held in New Delhi in 2013.
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the second edition of the ‘Eat Right Mela’ at Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on 26th December, 2019. The Eat Right Mela of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a commendable effort and outreach activity for citizens towards eating right. The Union Minister released ‘The PURPLE Book’, a handbook on diets for diseases. He also launched NetSCoFAN (Network for Scientific Co-operation for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition), a network of research and academic institutions working in the area of food and nutrition. The first Eat Right Mela was held in New Delhi in December, 2018.
- Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman released a postage stamp to commemorate the distinguished service and glorious contribution by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in protecting the nation. The DRI is India’s chief anti-smuggling intelligence, investigations and operations agency. The agency was established in 1957 in order to function as the apex of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs to counter smuggling.
- India’s first university for the transgender community will be opened in the Fazilnagar block of the Kushinagar district in Uttar Pradesh so that the transgender community members will be able to get education. The university is being built by the Akhil Bhartiya Kinnar Siksha Seva Trust (All-India transgender education service trust). The university will facilitate its members to study right from Class 1 to Post Graduate (PG) and even engage in research and be eligible for a PhD degree.
- National Consumer Day is celebrated every year across the country on 24th December to highlight the importance of the consumer movement as well as the need to make every consumer more aware of their rights and responsibilities. The theme for 2019 is ‘Alternate consumer grievance/dispute redressal’. On this day, the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the President.
- Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has signed a pact with Kazakhstan-based Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA) for mutual co-operation and technical assistance. The bilateral memorandum of understanding (MoU) aims to strengthen cross border co-operation in the area of securities regulation. It was signed by SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi and the acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of AFSA Mukhtar Bubeyev.
- The 11th edition of the National Street Food Festival (NSFF) is being jointly organised by the National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI) and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) under the theme ‘Healthier Diets’ at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi from 25th December to 29th December, 2019.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the first round of the India-Japan Maritime dialogue held?
Q2. When was the first Eat Right Mela held?
Q3. When was the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) established?
Q4. Where will India’s first university for the transgender community be established?
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
Q5. On which day is the National Consumer Day observed in India?
- December 22
- December 24
- December 25
- December 21
Q6. Where was the 11th edition of the National Street Food Festival (NSFF) held?
- New Delhi