Current Affairs Capsule – December 26, 2019
- December 26, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai inaugurated a State-of-the-Art DNA Analysis Centre at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Chandigarh, which was set up under the Nirbhaya Fund scheme with an allocation of Rs. 99.76 crores. It will have Sexual Assault and Homicide Unit, Paternity Unit, Human Identification Unit and Mitochondrial DNA Unit.
- The ‘Nagpur Resolution – A holistic approach for empowering citizens’ was adopted during the two-day Regional Conference on ‘Improving Public Service Delivery – Role of Governments’ organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in Nagpur, Maharashtra on 22nd December, 2019. The Conference resolved to empower citizens.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar co-chaired the 19th Joint Commission meeting with Foreign Minister of Iran Mohammad Javad Zarif in Tehran on 22nd December, 2019. He was on a two-day visit to Iran from 22nd December to 23rd December, 2019. Both the nations agreed on accelerating the Chabahar project during the meeting.
- The first tripartite Memorandum of Agreement was signed between the Department of Fisheries (GoI), NARBARD and the Tamil Nadu Government for the implementation of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Development Fund (FIDF) on 23rd December, 2019. The agreement set a total of Rs. 7522.48 crores to address the infrastructure requirement for the fisheries sector. India ranks second in the world in terms of fish production. The fisheries sector in the country contributes to 1% of the GDP of the country.
- Eight West African countries have agreed to change the name of their common currency to Eco and severed their earlier currency CFA Franc’s links to former colonial ruler France. These eight countries are Mali, Niger, Senegal, Benin, Togo, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau and Ivory Coast. The CFA Franc was initially pegged to the French franc and has been linked to the euro for about two decades. The CFA franc was created in 1945.
- Dr. Ajay Kumar, Deputy Chief of Mission in the Embassy of India handed over the Girl’s Hostel for the Nepal Armed Police Force (APF) built with Indian assistance to the school. Implemented by the Nepal Armed Police Force (APF), the project was constructed with the Indian government’s grant assistance of 40.42 million Nepali Rupees.
- National Farmers Day is celebrated every year on 23rd December in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of the 5th Prime Minister of India Choudhary Charan Singh, who was a farmer’s leader and had introduced many policies to improve the lives of the Indian farmers. He served as the Prime Minister of India between 28th July 1979 and 14th January 1980. He is often referred to as the “Champion of India’s Peasants”. The day is being celebrated since 2001.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where is the DNA Analysis Centre inaugurated?
Q2. Where is the 19th Joint Commission meeting held?
- New Delhi
- None of the above
Q3. Department of Fisheries (GoI), NARBARD and the _______________ Government signed a Memorandum of Agreement for the implementation of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Development Fund (FIDF)
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
Q4. How many countries have agreed to change the name of their common currency to Eco?
Q5. On which day is the National Farmers Day celebrated in India?
- December 21
- December 22
- December 23
- December 24