Current Affairs Capsule – 9 December 2019
- December 9, 2019
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Indian Railways with AC coaches generally run on the End-on-Generation (EOG) system, which adds to both air and noise pollution. Hence, the Indian Railways has adopted the Head on Generation (HOG) technology to curb air and noise pollution. The HOG works with an improvised converter, which is fitted in electric locomotives, which can replace the diesel generators.
- The 8th edition of the ‘Hand-in-Hand-2019’, a joint India and China training exercise is going to be conducted from 7th December to 20th December, 2019 at the Joint Training Node, Umroi, Meghalaya, with a theme of counter-terrorism. The exercise aims to enrich both the contingents from each other’s experience in counter-terrorism operations. The first Hand-in-Hand exercise was held in 2007.
- International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated on 7th December every year to raise awareness about the importance of the role played by the organisation of the International Civil Aviation in air transport. The day has been celebrated by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) since 7th December, 1994 on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Convention on International Civil Aviation. In 1996, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 7th December as the International Civil Aviation Day.
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti and the Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (cGanga) led by IIT Kanpur organised the 4th India Water Impact Summit under the theme ‘Financing of High Impact projects in the water sector’ from 5th December to 7th December, 2019 in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by the Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat. The summit focused on integrated water resources management in urban and rural settings in order to achieve the government’s goal of providing water to every household in the next five years. The first India Water Impact Summit was held in 2012.
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs & Sports Kiren Rijiju on the 50th Fit India Plogging Run held in Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium announced the appointment of Ripu Daman Bevli as the Plogging Ambassador of India. The minister also launched the Plogging Ambassador Mission to nominate Indians who have been running and cleaning their cities, towns or districts as Plogging Ambassadors of their regions.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurated the 14 million litres per day (MLD) Sarai Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. It is the first STP to be constructed under the Hybrid Annuity (HAM) Based Public Private Partnership Model (PPPM), constructed at a cost of Rs.41.40 crores under the Central Government’s Namami Gange Programme. The Swedish King and Queen are on a five-day visit to India to strengthen bilateral ties.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal inaugurated the 3rd edition of the National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) organized by the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 5th December and 6th December, 2019 in New Delhi. It provided an opportunity for industry, academia and government organizations to interact and also served as a platform for sellers on the GeM to showcase their products and services.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Hand-in-Hand exercise is a joint training exercise between India and _____
Q2. On which day is the International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated?
- December 4
- December 5
- December 6
- December 7
Q3. When was the first India Water Impact Summit held?
Q4. Who has been appointed as the Plogging Ambassador of India?
- Saina Nehwal
- Ripu Daman Bevli
- Suresh Kumar
- Vikram Chopra
Q5. Where is the first Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) constructed under Hybrid Annuity (HAM) Based Public Private Partnership Model (PPPM)?
- New Delhi
Q6. Where is the 3rd edition of National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) held?
- New Delhi