Current Affairs Capsule – February 11, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- National Winter Games under Khelo India Program will be organised in Gulmarg (J&K), the world-famous Ski destination, for five days from 7th March, 2020. The event aims to develop sports across the nation. It will witness 30 events under four disciplines including snowboarding, snow skiing, cross country, and snow show. Khelo India was first held in 2018 in New Delhi. The main aim of Khelo India event is to hunt grassroot level talent all over India.
- World Unani Day is observed every year on 11th February to spread awareness about health care delivery through Unani system of medicine through its preventive and curative philosophy. The day marks the birth anniversary of great Unani scholar and social reformer Hakim Ajmal Khan. He was one of the founders of the Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi. It was introduced in India by the Arabs and Persians sometime around the eleventh century.
- The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on 11th February, 2020 approved the Ground Water Act-2020 to improve the falling groundwater level in the state. It makes the registration mandatory before the installation of the submersible pumps. Under the act, farmers as well as domestic users will not be required to pay any amount to use the pumps. The act also provides for strict punishment and penalty against those who pollute the groundwater through boring pipes.
- Union Health Ministry on 11th February, 2020 announced that all the medical devices will be treated as drugs and will be regulated under Section 3 of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act of 1940, with effect from 1st April, 2020. The ministry, through a gazette notification, also released the Medical Devices Amendment Rules, 2020, for mandatory registration of medical devices. The aim is to regulate all medical devices so that they meet certain standards of quality.
- The Public Enterprises Survey 2018-19 was tabled in Parliament on 10th February, 2020. As per the survey, the top three profitable PSUs in 2018-19 were Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Indian Oil Corporation and National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC). BSNL, Air India and MTNL incurred the highest losses for a third consecutive year. The net profit from the PSUs has increased by 15.5% as compared to the previous year. As per the survey, there were total 348 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) as on 31st March, 2019 out of which 249 were operational. The remaining 86 were under construction and 13 were under closure or liquidation.
- Bangladesh claimed the under-19 Cricket World Cup title for the first time with victory by three wickets over India at Potchefstroom in South Africa on 9th February, 2020. It was organized by International Cricket Cup (ICC). The first U19 world cup was held in 1998. International Cricket council, the governing body of cricket, was founded in 1909.
- Ajeya Warrior-2020, the 5th edition of joint military exercise between India and the United Kingdom will be conducted from 13th to 26th February, 2020 at Salisbury Plains, the United Kingdom. The aim of the exercise is to conduct company-level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorist operations in urban and semi urban areas. The exercise was first conducted in 2005.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. When was the first Khelo India conducted?
Q2. On which day the World Unani Day is celebrated?
- February 10
- February 11
- February 12
- February 13
Q3. Which state approved the the Ground Water Act-2020 to improve the falling groundwater level in the state?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Q4. When was the first U19 cricket world cup held?
Q5. Ajeya Warrior-2020 is a joint military exercise between India and __________
Q6. When was the first Ajeya Warrior exercise conducted?