Current Affairs Capsule – February 15, 2020
- February 15, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 15th February, 2020 decided to align the financial year of the central bank (July-June) with that of the government’s fiscal year (April-March) from 2020-21. It aims to provide better estimates of the projected surplus transfers to the government for budgeting purposes. The decision, which will end eight decades of practice, was taken at the 582nd meeting of its Central Board of Directors in New Delhi. The alignment was recommended by an expert committee led by Bimal Jalan.
- Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar held a meeting with Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment, H.E. Mr. Sveinung Rotevan on 16th February, 2020 on the sidelines of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS) conference of the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) to be held in Gandhinagar from 17th February to 22nd February, 2020. During the meet, India and Norway agreed to work jointly towards mitigating marine plastic litter and microplastics. They declared the 2020-30 decade as the “Decade of rapid action on Climate Change and Environment”. The countries also issued a joint statement.
- Indian Railways will operate a new train based on the theme of the Hindu epic ‘Ramayana’, which will take pilgrims to locations associated with Lord Rama, starting from the last week of March. The train is designed to give an experience of a temple on wheels to passengers, with themes and pictures related to Ramayana. The exterior and the interior of the train will be based on Ramayana theme with bhajans playing on board.
- AsiaOne Magazine & URS Media organized a Networking Meet called ‘India-Thailand: Today, Tomorrow, Together’ in collaboration with the India Thai Chamber of Commerce (ITCC) at their premises at Sathon, Bangkok. The meet was followed by the 13th Edition of Asian Business & Social Forum 2019-20 & fourth Edition – Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2019-20.
- On the occasion of the anniversary of the Pulwama attack that took place on 14th February, 2019, a memorial for the 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in the terror attack was inaugurated on 14th February, 2020 at the Lethpora camp. The names of all the 40 personnel along with their pictures are part of the memorial along with the moto of CRPF – ‘Seva and Nishtha’ (Service and Loyalty). On this day in 2019, the Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist Adeel ahmed Dar drove a car carrying explosives to a convoy of security forces that killed 40 personnel.
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari launched India’s first inter-city electric bus service between Mumbai and Pune on 14th February, 2020. The 43-seater capacity luxury electric bus is capable of operating within a range of 300 kilometres on a single charge and would be operated twice a day between the two cities. Manufactured by Mitra Mobility Solution, the bus will be operated by Prasanna Purple Mobility Solutions.
- External Affairs Minister Jaishankar represented India at the Munich Security Conference that is being held in Germany from 14th February to 16th February, 2020. The Minister met his counterparts of Georgia, Portugal and Lithuania on the sidelines of the conference. Munich Security Conference is an annual conference on international security policy. Since 1963, it is being held every year in the month of February in Munich, Germany.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. The alignment of Financial year with Fiscal year was recommended by a committee headed by _______
- Shakti kant Das
- C Rangarajan
- Bimal Jalan
- Kaushik Basu
Q2. India and ______ declared the 2020-30 decade as the “Decade of rapid action on Climate Change and Environment”.
Q3. Where was the Networking Meet called ‘India-Thailand:Today, Tomorrow, Together’ held?
- New Delhi
Q4. In which state has India’s first inter-city electric bus service is launched?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q5. When was the first Munich Security Conference held?