Current Affairs Capsule – February 24, 2020
- February 24, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- The Indian Council of Medical Research-National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR-NIN) conducted the survey from the database of National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau study (2015-16), ICMR-NIN-Hyderabad. As per the study, the cities of Delhi and Ahmedabad topped the list of seven metro cities in daily average consumption of ‘added fat’ with 44.4 gram per person daily and 43.9 gram per person each day respectively. Seven cities considered in the research are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The average intake of added fat in all the seven metro cities together was 32.6 gram per person each day, which was higher than the ICMR-recommended levels at 20g/person/day.
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched PM-KISAN mobile application on the first anniversary of the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) on 24th February. The app aims to broaden the reach of the programme that aims to provide annually Rs 6,000 to each eligible farmer. Using the mobile app, farmers can know the payment status, correct name as per Aadhaar, know registration status and scheme eligibility besides helpline numbers and self registration features. The PM-Kisan was launched on 24th February, 2019 in Uttar Pradesh and is being implemented in all states, except West Bengal. The mobile app has been developed and designed by the National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The first anniversary of the National War Memorial (NWM), which was dedicated to the nation on 25th February, 2019 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will be observed on 25th February, 2020. The memorial is a tribute by the grateful nation to its fallen heroes in the line of duty during various wars and internal security challenges since Independence. Chief of the Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and veterans from the three services will lay wreaths and pay homage to the fallen soldiers.
- India’s first private sector gold mine is expected to commence operations by the last quarter of 2021, subject to the completion of the land acquisition over the next six-month period. The mine, owned by Geomysore Services India Private Limited, is located at Jonnagiri, Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. The company has been granted mining license for 1,500 acres.
- SK Barua, Chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) North East Council and Managing Director of the Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL), was conferred with the 7th PSU Leadership Award on 19th February, 2020 by the Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries, Arjun Ram Meghwal. The award was first presented in 2013. The award honours the efforts of the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) that have been a key to the country’s economic growth and social development.
- Union Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), hosted India Networking Reception at the 70th Berlin International Film Festival (BIFF). The discussion was focused on forging ties for co-production of films and developing partnerships for the 51st edition of the International Film Festival of India to be held later in 2020.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the appointment of Sunil Gurbaxani as Managing Director and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank for a period of three years. Gurbaxani is working with Axis Bank at present. Dhanlaxmi Bank was removed from the RBI Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework, subject to certain conditions and continuous monitoring. Dhanlaxmi Bank was founded in 1927 with headquarters at Thrissur, Kerala, India.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Which among the following cities topped in the daily average consumption of ‘added fat’?
Q2. When was the National War Memorial (NWM) dedicated to the nation?
Q3. Where is the India’s first private sector gold mine set up?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
Q4. Who was conferred with the 7th PSU Leadership Award?
- Arjun Ram Meghwal
- Sunil Gurbaxani
- SK Barua
- Kunal Verma
Q5. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank?
- Sushil Sharma
- Sunil Gurbaxani
- Akshay Sharma
- Vinod Kumar
Q6. When was the Dhanlaxmi Bank founded?