Current Affairs Capsule – February 26, 2020
- February 26, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Exercise Indradhanush-V, a joint air force exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of UK, commenced on 24th February, 2020 at Air Force Station Hindan. The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’. The exercise provides a platform for the IAF and RAF to share and jointly validate strategies and tactics to counter terror threats to their installations. The exercise was started in 2006.
- US President Donald Trump, during his two-day visit to India, signed two Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) and one letter of cooperation. One MoU is on Mental Health and the other is on the Safety of Medical Products. The Letter of Cooperation was signed between the Indian Oil Corporation Limited and ExxonMobil India LNG Limited and USA’s Chart Industries Inc.
- A high-level committee on Clause 6 of Assam Accord submitted its report to Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in Guwahati on 25th February, 2020. The committee was headed by retired Justice Biplab Sharma. The Assam government will send the report to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for the follow-up action. Clause 6 of the Assam Accord pledges to provide constitutional, legislative and administrative safeguards, as may be appropriate, to protect, preserve and promote the cultural, social, linguistic identity and heritage of the Assamese people.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), State Program Management Group-Uttarakhand (SPMG-UK) and Indorama Charitable Trust (ICT) signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 24th February, 2020 to work together for renovation of the Ghat at Badrinath and Ghats and Crematoria at Gangotri in Uttarakhand at a total cost of 26.64 Crore rupees. Badrinath Bathing Ghat is located along the bank of river Alaknanda. Gangotri Ghat is situated along the bank of river Bhagirathi at Gangotri.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), as a part of its ‘Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) – Trench XXV’, sanctioned an amount of 400.64 crore rupees to Union Territory of Jammu &Kashmir during the current financial year to boost the infrastructure in the rural areas. An amount of 143.66 crore rupees has been sanctioned for implementation of 38 water supply schemes while an amount of 47.11 crore rupees has been sanctioned towards improving the Animal and Sheep Husbandry sectors. An amount of 209.87 crore rupees has been sanctioned for the construction of 82 rural roads and 3 bridges.
- Indian men’s doubles pair of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Gnanasekaran Sathiyan clinched the silver medal at the 2020 International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour Hungarian Open in Budapest. German pair of Benedikt Duda and Patrick Franziska won the gold medal with a score of 5-11, 9-11, 11-8, 9-11. It was founded in 2010. Currently, the championship is a part of the ITTF World Tour.
- Hrithik Roshan was conferred the Best Actor award for his performance in 2019 film Super 30 at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2020 held in Mumbai, Maharashtra on 20th February, 2020. The Decade Star 2020 was presented to Anupam Kher. Founded in 2011, the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival is a unique platform to honour and encourage the most creative filmmakers, and to infuse life into their career.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Exercise Indradhanush-V is a joint air force exercise between India and _______
Q2. When was the Exercise Indradhanush-V started?
Q3. Who chaired the high-level committee on Clause 6 of Assam Accord?
- Justice Surya Kant
- Justice Biplab Sharma
- Justice Navin Sinha
- Justice AS Bopanna
Q4. Badrinath Bathing Ghat is located along the bank of river________
Q5. NABARD sanctioned an amount of 400.64 crore rupees to _____
- Jammu & Kashmir
- New Delhi
Q6. When was the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards founded?