Current Affairs Capsule – February 28, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Assam’s eminent environmental activist Jadav Payeng will be awarded the Swami Vivekananda Karmayogi Award on 29th February, 2020 in New Delhi for his efforts in creating a man-made forest through reforestation. The award is composed of a trophy, a recitation and a reward of Rs 1 lakh. He is famously known as the Forest Man of India. In 2015, he was honoured with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India. Organized by My Home India in New Delhi, Swami Vivekananda Smriti Karmayogi Award was conferred for the first time in 2013.
- Indian-origin Suella Braverman was sworn-in as the UK’s new Attorney General in British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s reshuffled Cabinet, at a ceremony at the Royal Courts of Justice in London on 24th February, 2020. Braverman’s role will involve overseeing the work of the law officers’ departments, which include the independent prosecuting authorities, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and the Serious Fraud Office. She is the first female Attorney General to be appointed by a Conservative Party government.
- Jawed Ashraf, a 1991-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to France. He is currently serving as the Indian High Commissioner to Singapore. The appointment comes in view of rising strategic ties between India and France. Ashraf will succeed Vinay Mohan Kwatra, who has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Nepal.
- International Conference on Standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha Systems of Medicine (ICoSDiTAUS-2020) 2020 was held in New Delhi on 25th February & 26th February, 2020. At the end of the conference, the ‘New Delhi Declaration on Collection and Classification of Traditional Medicine (TM) Diagnostic Data’ was adopted. ICoSDiTAUS-2020 is the biggest ever international event dedicated to standardisation of Diagnosis and Terminologies of Traditional Medicine in terms of the broad level of participation covering virtually all the continents.
- Union Cabinet on 26th February, 2020 approved amendment of the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands Land Revenue and Tenancy Regulation, 1965 to provide occupancy rights to the Scheduled Tribes in the Union Territory Lakshadweep. The Scheduled Tribes in the island did not have occupancy rights so far.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) 3.0 along with the EASE 2.0 Annual Report on 26th February, 2020. EASE 3.0 is expected to provide advanced solutions to make the public sector banking smart and technology-enabled. Key reforms in EASE 3.0 include Dial-a-loan, Credit@click, Tech-enabled agriculture lending, palm banking and Ease Banking outlets.
- Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020 (RAISE 2020), India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit, is scheduled to be organised by Government of India in partnership with Industry & Academia on 11th April and 12th April, 2020 in New Delhi. The summit will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and charter a course to use AI for social empowerment, inclusion and transformation in key areas such as Healthcare, Agriculture, Education and Smart Mobility.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Jadav Payeng is a __________ recipient.
- Padma Shri
- Padma Bhushan
- Padma Vibhushan
- Bharat Ratna
Q2. When was the first Swami Vivekananda Smriti Karmayogi Award conferred?
Q3. Who has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to France?
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra
- Sushil Misra
- Jawed Ashraf
- Suella Braverman
Q4. Cabinet approved amendment of the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands Land Revenue and Tenancy Regulation, 1965 to provide occupancy rights to the Scheduled Tribes in_____
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Andaman Nicobar
Q5. Where will India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit be held?
- New Delhi