Current Affairs Capsule – February 29, 2020
- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- National Protein Day was observed for the first time in India on 27th February, 2020. A national-level public health initiative, Right To Protein, to raise awareness about the health benefits of protein was also launched. The theme of India Protein Day 2020 is #ProteinMeinKyaHai.
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IndusInd Bank for three years with effect from 24th March 2020. He will succeed Romesh Sobti, who has been serving as MD & CEO at Induslnd Bank since 2008. IndusInd Bank Limited was founded in 1994 with headquarters in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Bengaluru was ranked highest in the number of digital transactions in 2019 in India as per the report titled “Wordline India Digital Payments 2019”, released by Worldline India, an online payment processor. Bengaluru was followed by Chennai, Mumbai and Pune. As per the report, United Payments Interface (UPI) was the most preferred mode of payment. Among states, Maharashtra (MH) occupied the top position followed by Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Delhi.
- World NGO Day is celebrated every year on 27th February to raise awareness about the NGO sector and to encourage people worldwide working for a good cause. The day was officially recognized and declared by the 12 member countries of the IX Baltic Sea NGO Forum of the Council of the Baltic Sea States in 2010. Later on 27th February, 2014, the day was recognised for the first time by the UN, EU leaders and international organizations.
- The 6th Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV-6) ’VAJRA’ was launched in Chennai on 27th February, 2020. It is expected to strengthen the efforts Indian Coast Guard in securing the vast coastline of over 7500 km, including an exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of over 20 lakh sq. kms. The vessel is sixth in the series of seven offshore patrol vessel projects being designed and developed by Larsen and Toubro Shipbuilding under the Union Government’s ‘Make in India’ policy.
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is ranked the highest in the country in terms of duty-free revenue per passenger at 10 to 11 dollars per passenger, as per the report titled ‘Catch Them Moving’ by Knight Frank India. The share of non-aeronautical revenue of the joint venture airport is at 70 per cent, above the global average of 40 per cent.
- The 24th meeting of Eastern Zonal Council chaired by Home Minister Amit Shah will be held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 28th February, 2020. The meeting will see the participation of the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal. The participating states will discuss various issues including power transmission lines, investigation of heinous offences, inter-State water issues, petroleum projects and various other issues. Zonal Councils are statutory bodies constituted under States Reorganization Act of 1956.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. On which day is the National Protein Day observed in India?
- 25th February
- 26th February
- 27th February
- 28th February
Q2. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IndusInd Bank?
- Romesh Sobti
- Sumant Kathpalia
- Mallikarjuna Rao
- Pradeep Kumar
Q3. Which among the following city was ranked highest in the number of digital transactions in 2019 in India?
- New Delhi
Q4. On which day is the World NGO Day celebrated every year?
- February 25th
- February 26th
- February 27th
- February 28th
Q5. Which among the following airport is ranked the highest in the country in duty-free revenue per passenger?
- Mumbai airport
- Delhi Airport
- Hyderabad airport
- Bengaluru airport
Q6. Which among the following does not come under Eastern Zonal Council?
- West Bengal